PDA

View Full Version : Extra test pending

Chookmeister
08-19-2003, 05:25 AM
I downloaded and ran the SB client for the first time last night, and got a few blocks done before I switched off my computer. Now, this morning, the client doesn't seem to want to know about last night's test, but has instead requested another one from the server. My user stats now informs me that I have 2 tests pending.

I can't seem to see anything in the FAQ or readmes about this sort of thing and how to prevent it, so could anyone let me know what the problem could be?

eatmadustch
08-19-2003, 05:37 AM
I think the problem was that you didn't reboot after installing the client.

Chookmeister
08-19-2003, 05:44 AM
Ok, thanks. If that's the case, then it shouldn't be a problem again.

MathGuy
08-19-2003, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by Chookmeister
I downloaded and ran the SB client for the first time last night, and got a few blocks done before I switched off my computer. Now, this morning, the client doesn't seem to want to know about last night's test, but has instead requested another one from the server. My user stats now informs me that I have 2 tests pending.

Be sure to release that spurious pending test using the Pending Test Management page (accessible by logging in on the main site and going to Preferences) so that the server will assign it to someone else. If you don't, the server waits 10 days before reassigning it...certainly not a huge problem, but you might as well release it now since you know you're not going to work on it any more.

BTW, welcome to the project!

Chookmeister
08-19-2003, 04:56 PM
Don't worry - I already did! :banana:

Although I do have two tests going at the moment, as I have another, slower computer doing some crunching. But yeah, the spurious test is now released.