View Full Version : Here comes PCZ!

magnav0x
08-26-2003, 11:15 AM
Watch out boys/girls, PCZ is climbing the latter in chessbrain now! :help:

Condor
08-26-2003, 12:08 PM
Great ! :thumbs:

Go Go Go

We should be third in maybe just a few days now.

cygnussphere
08-26-2003, 01:39 PM
HOLY CHECKMATE BAT MAN!

You sacrifice of DF statage is greatly appreciated:thumbs:

:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

:tempted:

:cheers:

PCZ
08-30-2003, 02:12 PM
I am going to be cutting back a bit on this project.
I won't be stopping all together
When we got a slow protein in DF I will commit more boxen.

cygnussphere
08-30-2003, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by PCZ
I am going to be cutting back a bit on this project.
I won't be stopping all together
When we got a slow protein in DF I will commit more boxen.

Don't supose I can talk you into sticking around until after we pass EXTREMEDC :D That should be about a 1-1/2 days a current rates:thumbs:

FoBoT
08-30-2003, 03:49 PM
we should be #1 as soon as i find all my clients and change them and the stats update, tonight or whenever

PCZ
08-30-2003, 05:47 PM
Thanks again FoBot
That takes the pressure off me I was feeling a bit guility about cutting back.

FoBoT
08-30-2003, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by PCZ
Thanks again FoBot

yeah, you don't want to catch up to me :whistle:

how much % do you figure CB takes off of DF ? i thought it was minimal , but i haven't measured it :dunno:

PCZ
08-30-2003, 06:29 PM
about 20%
I think IB came to the same conclusion.

cygnussphere
08-30-2003, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by PCZ
Thanks again FoBot

I'll have to turn down the volume on the next guilt trip post:whistle: :rotfl::D

FoBoT
08-30-2003, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by PCZ
about 20%
I think IB came to the same conclusion.

wow, that is more than i guessed

hmmm.. i wonder if there is an easy way to control/throttle that

i'll have to go find my thunking crap :dump:

rsbriggs
08-31-2003, 04:18 AM
Whoa - big jump !! :|party|: :thumbs: :elephant: :drums:

1 FREE-DC 10602.994292
2 SWISSTEAM.NET 8945.132645
3 TEAMANANDTECH 8026.100038
4 EXTREMEDC 6703.461224

Many thanks to FoBot !! :notworthy :notworthy

IronBits
08-31-2003, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by FoBoT
i'll have to go find my thunking crap :dump:
You should be able to think much clearer now :D
:thumbs:

rsbriggs
08-31-2003, 10:10 PM
Any particular reason that the Magnav0x stats don't show FoBot as a member of Free-DC ?????/

FoBoT
09-01-2003, 12:04 AM
i think they last updated just before the official stats updated, wait about 3 hours and i think they will be correct

rsbriggs
09-01-2003, 04:44 AM
Looks like the chessbrain stats for FoBot aren't showing up under Free-DC on the main site, after all. Guess they aren't letting you leave Anandtech....

FoBoT
09-01-2003, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by rsbriggs
Looks like the chessbrain stats for FoBot aren't showing up under Free-DC on the main site, after all. Guess they aren't letting you leave Anandtech....

it is probably an errent client, with chessbrain, you have to enter your team in every single client, so if you setup the CB client on 20 PC's , all with "GOOBER" as the team, then later, you want to change the team to "SUPERFREAK" , you have to go into every client configuration and change the team info, otherwise you get switched back and forth as different clients with different team names check in with the CB server

also, i just thought of this, it would be very easy for a naughty person to highjack your accout, if they know your email account

someone could setup a client with some else's email address and a different team name, to get the results/account to show up on a different team :mad:

i will double check all my clients, when i have time and then if i can't find one without "FREE-DC" , i will have to contact the project dude and see if he can verify what IP addresses are associated with my clients, or something :scratch:

IronBits
09-01-2003, 12:30 PM
FoBoT shows up now :D
The client is terrible when working with many computers...
They need to work on that.

PCZ
09-01-2003, 12:55 PM
When I use it in my remote nodes
I only set up one directory.
No files are written so they can easily share one directory.
This means only 1 config file for all the nodes.

You can do the same with windows PC's.
Install CB on one PC only
Share the directory.
Map the directory on any PC you want to run CB

Only I config file required.

FoBoT
09-02-2003, 10:49 AM
i got an email from the head CB project guy asking if my account had been hijacked

i think he changed me back before sending the email, so maybe today he'll let it go to what i have my clients set to :dunno:

rsbriggs
09-02-2003, 11:28 AM
To be fair, I think that more DC projects should do things the way SOB does - points that you accumulated/produced as a member of a team stay with that team, even if you move on. Only new points go to the new team...

FoBoT
09-02-2003, 11:25 PM
well, most projects aren't willing to change things once they get started down a path, so it seems

i dunno which way is more fair, but the way it is, is the way it is

i like to keep all my accounts together and since my main project is DF and i am here for DF , then the other have to come along, or new production for projects like SoB anyway

i don't make the rules, i just live by 'em :dunno:

if i don't have a email from that dude when i get home and/or he doesn't switch my account tonight, i'll have to post in the CB forum and see what is up :scratch:

cygnussphere
09-03-2003, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by rsbriggs
To be fair, I think that more DC projects should do things the way SOB does - points that you accumulated/produced as a member of a team stay with that team, even if you move on. Only new points go to the new team...

The stats policy for CB was established long ago here (http://www.chessbrain.net/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=313) by CJ.

I think the important thing is that there is a stats policy for the project that is available to everyone so there isn't any questions.:thumbs:

FoBoT
09-03-2003, 09:41 AM
they haven't fixed mine and i got no email last night :scratch:

in my case, part of the CB policy doesn't apply

This seems just to me, and hopefully encourages DC Teams to "be very nice" to their members... otherwise they may defect to another team! I regard this policy as "poetic justice" and perhaps the only leverage a person has with regard to a large team!

my changing teams had nothing to do with how nice they were/weren't , it was a by product of changing my DF team

i am going to make a thread on the CB forum about this, i dunno how else to resolve it

cygnussphere
09-03-2003, 10:34 AM
I think that was only an example of why someone might want to change teams. :scratch:

It can take awhile for CJ to address things like this. These kind of stats problems have never been high on his list of prioritys for CB. You might be able to inlist magnav0x's help as he seems to have a good working relationship because of his stats work.:dunno:

FoBoT
09-04-2003, 08:04 AM
we got it all worked out via email :smoking:

cygnussphere
09-04-2003, 08:32 AM
Most excellant here (http://www.chessbrain.net/stats-top-teams.html) :thumbs: :hifi: