PDA

View Full Version : ERROR: [010.000] {trajtools.c, line 2022} after upload and restart

furballexpress
09-08-2003, 01:36 PM
Machine seemed fine nonetting over the weekend. Uploaded just fine, restart yields below:

ERROR: [010.000] {trajtools.c, line 2022} Could not open/create data file \2_1305_243
FATAL ERROR: [010.000] {trajtools.c, line 2024} Unable to continue

This is on NT4 SP6a plus most hot fixes. Seems to be plenty of partition space, and the System account is starting the service, so I wouldn't expect any permissions issues. What am I doing wrong, and/or has anyone seen this before? I have deleted the filelock and filelist.txt files and restarted, so as not to lose cycles, but I have the old dir with all files in a backup dir, if someone (Howard?) wants them for Bug Study.

-furball

furballexpress
09-09-2003, 12:48 PM
anyone? bueller? :Pokes:

Stardragon
09-09-2003, 01:19 PM
Yes, if you could upload the zipped directory somewhere that would be great.
At first look I would say it's a disk space issue, but you claim you have plenty of that. Perhaps size of Temp directory is insufficient? Other than that, we'd have to look at the files.

furballexpress
09-09-2003, 05:30 PM
Elena -

Define "somewhere". I don't have an ftp server running on the net anywhere. I'd be happy to get it to an trusted and interested third party with an ftp server, however, or email would work, provided you could accept a 7.7MB zip file.

Let me know about the email.

Stardragon
09-10-2003, 10:30 AM
E-mail would not be advisable, as it is very large. Please contact me directly at trades@mshri.on.ca and I we can work out a transfer method.

furballexpress
09-12-2003, 12:12 PM
email sent :)

Brian the Fist
09-15-2003, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by furballexpress
Machine seemed fine nonetting over the weekend. Uploaded just fine, restart yields below:

ERROR: [010.000] {trajtools.c, line 2022} Could not open/create data file \2_1305_243
FATAL ERROR: [010.000] {trajtools.c, line 2024} Unable to continue

This is on NT4 SP6a plus most hot fixes. Seems to be plenty of partition space, and the System account is starting the service, so I wouldn't expect any permissions issues. What am I doing wrong, and/or has anyone seen this before? I have deleted the filelock and filelist.txt files and restarted, so as not to lose cycles, but I have the old dir with all files in a backup dir, if someone (Howard?) wants them for Bug Study.

-furball

I find it odd that it is trying to put the file (a TEMP file) in \ apparently. Does the user you are running as have a TEMP variable set and if so, to what? Is the named file in this directory? Are you setting DFPTEMP to anything for this user? I think it is an NT user related issue.

furballexpress
09-19-2003, 10:40 PM
Sorry I haven't gotten back to you folks - work got pretty hectic, then we had that silly hurricane thing (I live in Richmond, VA, within 50mi from where the eye passed Thursday), so I've been busy.

I have set up a yahoo briefcase as Elena suggested, and will email with those details, but in the meantime....I'm NOT setting DFPTEMP. Should I be doing so? Tell me where the instructs on this are, and why I should be, and I'll be happy to, if that will help my client.

Oh - as an aside, Howard...everyone, I'm very happy to be working on a DCP where both the researchers and the client users are protected against cheating. I used to seti long ago in a galaxy far away, and was just reminded of the whole BS surrounding cheats in seti by a friend who decided to finally quit because the client, even after 5 years, has no cheat protection built in. Sad, but true. Thanks!