PDA

View Full Version : Machine Check Exception

IronBits
09-11-2003, 07:30 PM
I'm not running it anymore...
It just caused my XP computer to re-boot, and my Raid setup didn't like that.
It's rebuilding the mirror now. :spank:

Fozzie
09-12-2003, 09:05 AM
Bad client :Pokes:

Does it run no-net?

IronBits
09-12-2003, 09:08 AM
Near as I could tell, once you download the client, intall it, and get work, it can take up to 2-3 weeks to complete a 'wu' ...
I suppose that could be considered 'no net' ;)

rsbriggs
09-12-2003, 09:17 AM
Aren't they saying that a VERY fast machine will finish a WU in that amount of time, and that a slower machine may take from 6 weeks to several months?

It just seemed like an awfully big time investment when I looked at it, but the news reports are saying 2 million + people signed up in the first day or two....

rshepard
09-12-2003, 09:22 AM
Yes- I was working it during the beta-phase, and it is easily a 6 week run to finish out the model.

Fozzie
09-12-2003, 09:44 AM
for all the Stats Ho's among us then:rotfl:

rsbriggs
09-12-2003, 09:52 AM
Not unless checking your stats quarterly or racking up a "number of WU's completed" score of 4 or 6 per year is exciting to someone. :D

pointwood
09-12-2003, 12:54 PM
I believe it will/can communicate back to the server once in a while to update progress. It did that when I tried the beta some time ago.

However, I can't seem to find and team stats only some crude userstats :confused: :(

Paratima
09-12-2003, 01:50 PM
I ran the beta once, but never finished. My hard drive on that machine went all smoky just when I was in week six or seven. :( Major bummer!

The stats are, as Pointy says, crude. They say they are working on them, and improvements will be available Any Day Now(TM).

For sure, you've gotta be patient to run this one!! It's a good enough cause that I'm getting set to give it another go. But if yer of a nervous disposition, better do something else! ;)