PDA

View Full Version : climbed up one rank ...

wirthi
10-01-2003, 06:07 AM
Hi,

we climbed up one rank (we overtook Team AnandTech) and are now ranked 21. Top 20, we are coming!

Wirthi

Supp
10-01-2003, 09:54 AM
:tramp: good news indeed! :D
Gotta borg more boxen :whistle:

Fozzie
10-01-2003, 10:11 AM
and how much data do you have to upload?

wirthi
10-01-2003, 11:47 AM
Hi,

I don't have anything in numbers I can tell you, but I would say "almost nothing" is a good value. Not more than a few KB per day per machine. When I click upload it takes me *less* than 10 seconds to upload a days work (DSL line with 128 kb upstream).

I've never had any real problems with this project, only the local "server" seems a bit uncooperative (crashes once a week, takes a long time to show and hide, etc). (the "server" is comparable to distributed.net's personal proxy; just a program that makes it possible to download more than one workunit at a time)

Seems reasonably well fitted for offline folders; you can import and export workunits (AFAIK only the d.net client is able to do thattoo) to transfer them to/from an offline machine (via disk etc.); I've never tried that (all my machines are online) but according to the manual it should work.

HTH
Wirthi

wirthi
10-01-2003, 05:48 PM
Now for the bad news: "TSC! Russia" has overtaken us .... somebody on their team seems to have done quite a big flush ... lets keep on working, we should still be able to reach the top 20

rsbriggs
10-01-2003, 05:56 PM
I'll see if I can't get a little (probably very little )something going. I kind of like this project. Don't know how much I'm going to be able to break away from Df.

My only (minor) complaint about the entire thing is that I can't specify the amount of CPU to allocate like F@H allows. I can run F@H at a low level - maybe using 10% of the CPU, and have DF using the other 90%. That was very nice. :)

IronBits
10-18-2003, 12:53 PM
Finally, I have one on this project! :)

wirthi
10-18-2003, 01:04 PM
Great, IB!

We've lost a few ranks, let's get them back!

If you need any help with the client, just ask!

IronBits
10-18-2003, 01:11 PM
Well, I don't let it display the graphics, and just monitor it with the THINK Job Information box (it's smaller than the THINK Server box) ;)
Anything else I need to do to optimize it?
Where are the STATS?
I just want to make sure I actually put some work up for Free-DC is all :rolleyes:

wirthi
10-19-2003, 09:24 AM
I don't even have the job info box open. Just monitor the progress once a day via the job queue server. ........... Ok, ok, I admit - once an hour ... uhmm..... twice :D

You can also track your progress via the online stats. Once you uploaded them and the statsrun occured (4 times a day) you can see the recently completed job there.