PDA

View Full Version : dfDetect

m0ti
10-12-2003, 04:38 AM
Seeing as some folks have been having problems with clients going down on them, I making available a little utility for DF which I wrote a long time ago for a couple of my teamates. It runs on windows (you need to be able to run VBScript as well), can be run hidden as well.

It does the following:

- Make sure that DF is running as long as:
- Any program you specify should stop DF isn't running (for example, games :thumbs:)

I hope that this is still useful for someone.

If anybody's interested in porting to linux pm me for the source code. It's really quite small.

Enjoy!

Download here (http://www.free-dc.org/forum/attachment.php?s=&postid=41660)

bwkaz
10-12-2003, 12:49 PM
I'm thinking about putting something similar into the Linux dfGUI, actually.

I assume you're enumerating all the processes running on the system, then checking whether any of their names is "foldtrajlite.exe", right? Basically, I'm doing the same thing, but I'm using the pre-installed "pidof" command (part of the sysvinit package) to do it for me. Why duplicate work that's already been done? :p

I wasn't planning on doing the "auto-shutdown when something else starts" stuff, though. Do you set that up by giving dfDetect the process name of the game (or whatever it is)?

Good idea, on the whole program, BTW. :thumbs:

m0ti
10-12-2003, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by bwkaz
I'm thinking about putting something similar into the Linux dfGUI, actually.

I assume you're enumerating all the processes running on the system, then checking whether any of their names is "foldtrajlite.exe", right? Basically, I'm doing the same thing, but I'm using the pre-installed "pidof" command (part of the sysvinit package) to do it for me. Why duplicate work that's already been done? :p

I wasn't planning on doing the "auto-shutdown when something else starts" stuff, though. Do you set that up by giving dfDetect the process name of the game (or whatever it is)?

Good idea, on the whole program, BTW. :thumbs:

Yup, that's pretty much right. I list out the paths of all running processes (so not just foldtrajlite.exe but C:\distribfold\foldtrajlite.exe for example). And at the end of the config file the person just lists the full paths to all programs that when running should cause DF to be shutdown (and kept shutdown).