PDA

View Full Version : BOINCStats Vs Free-DC Stats

Peter J. Shane
12-29-2015, 04:30 AM
I just discovered that my Combined scores in DC without ASIC is 5,043,937,250 whereas in BOINCStats it is 5,675,579,137. Since I have not changed my credentials in the last twelve months I wonder why this is so. 633Million+ is a lot of difference.

Bok
12-29-2015, 05:30 PM
You've asked me on a number of occasions to fix old cpid's so I think you have changed credentials a bit more often than most. I do see at least dnetc@home missing here (different CPID), also Donate@home is with that same old cpid.

You can use the search facility and easily do the research.. http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?page=search&proj=&team=&name=Cruncher%20Pete&exact=Y&cross=Y

Peter J. Shane
12-29-2015, 11:52 PM
Yes, you are right. I have changed my credentials when somebody deleted a project of mine and the project Admin suggested that I change my details. I have changed my credentials when I changed ISP's and my email address had to be changed. I have changed my credentials when I changed teams to conform to local requirement. I have changed it many times during my 15-16 years of crunching. However, after awhile the CPID's settled down to just one and my totals etc aligned. It obviously did not in the case of DC for I would not be so far behind BOINStats. As a matter of fact. BOINCStats offer an option for users to synchronize old CPID's and Retired projects. Unfortunately, that software is not working well there either for I am listed under my current name, ( the same Team on two occassions) and the same country. Yet I appear five times in the stats because of CPID issues. As a user, one should be able to change their credentials when it is needed without worrying about loosing credit. It should be the job of Stats software to keep it up to date. Unfortunately, we are not living in an ideal world.

I guess this is just something I have to get used to. You can not change any details of your crdential because you will loose points as the software has not been designed properly. No body should loose points because their CPID changes and does not synchronize.

Thanks all the same BOINC. Forget about it, I can just check BOINCStats for totals. Have a Happy New Year. Your site still offers me some aspects of stats that BOINCStats does not. It just means that I have to spend some time at both sites instead of one that I like best.

Bok
12-30-2015, 11:43 AM
Are you asking to have your old cpid sync'd to your new one or not?

I can't tell or not by what you have written beyond criticism that there is a feature not available here that is available elsewhere.

A lot of the projects are older ones that do not export stats anymore so I could easily change if asked. I've done it for lots of users already after a simple request.

http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?page=userbycpid&cpid=dc4cabd1ad539939c9891e7b6d239aed

Peter J. Shane
12-31-2015, 05:32 AM
Are you asking to have your old cpid sync'd to your new one or not?

I can't tell or not by what you have written beyond criticism that there is a feature not available here that is available elsewhere.

A lot of the projects are older ones that do not export stats anymore so I could easily change if asked. I've done it for lots of users already after a simple request.

http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?page=userbycpid&cpid=dc4cabd1ad539939c9891e7b6d239aed

My apologies BOK. I guess I should have just asked nicely, instead of criticising the system. I thought I did that in my first post but my frustration got better of me. I realy appreciate your work you have done in these stats and appreciate the time it must take you to look after it. Please see what you could do to align those old stats but there is no hurry. Happy New Year..

Keep on crunching and have a nice day...