PDA

View Full Version : question

mnx
04-02-2002, 09:17 PM
Is there any way to have the clients exit gracefully when windows is told to shutdown when they are hidden (using hideitx.exe)?????

I have a dual 933MHZ p3 that I'd like to be able to figure this for, as well as my own machine

mnx

eXXile
04-02-2002, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by mnx
Is there any way to have the clients exit gracefully when windows is told to shutdown when they are hidden (using hideitx.exe)?????

mnx
If your running Win9x you can try using conagent. I used this in F@H2 and G@H to shutdown systems without bothering users. Good for relatives who worry about computer problems ;)

Copy conagent.exe from the Windows\System folder and place the copy in the folder with the foldtrajlite.exe file. Open the properties and in the 'misc' tab uncheck the option of 'Warn if still active'. On the first shutdown/restart, it will still warn that the foldtrajlite program is working, but on the next restart it should work.

Sorry I can't test this out at the moment, I'm at work and borging the boxen here is a bit difficult. But I'm really interested in how you got hideitx working, I haven't had any luck. Hope this helps.

XIL

mnx
04-02-2002, 11:00 PM
Any tricks for win xp and win nt 4?

I made a batch file fold.bat with the following

HideItX.exe -start foldit.bat

and put a shortcut in the statup group... works on my dual 933 nt 4 box and my athlon 1377 win xp box...

mnx

eXXile
04-02-2002, 11:09 PM
I'm not sure of anything to stop the program gracefully in NT4 or XP. Running it as a service seems to shutdown without any problems and it hides the client nicely :D