PDA

View Full Version : D2OL Win Client Abbruptly Stopping?

magnav0x
02-07-2004, 04:49 PM
I was wondering if anyone else had problems with the Windows client. I notice every now and then after completing my buffered WU's and uploading them it will download new WU's and get stuck at "Initializing Engine..." and the processor will sit Idle until I close and reopen the client. Haven't had the issue with the linux client yet.

matrix_fan
02-07-2004, 11:03 PM
nope not me

magnav0x
02-13-2004, 04:03 PM
I'm still suffering this problem with my Windows client. It's just about got me fed up.

Bok
02-13-2004, 04:08 PM
I got it on one of my boxes back some time ago. Never did figure it out though.

Sorry

Bok

rshepard
02-13-2004, 04:16 PM
Are you waiting 'til the buffer is completely out of units before connecting to the net and
refilling the queue? I can't imagine why that would matter, but it's the only thing I can think of that would be different from my setup.; and I have never had a client die on me.

edit: possibly a bit more info http://www.d2ol.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=12;t=000039

magnav0x
02-13-2004, 05:40 PM
Possibly it's bad wu's like that post says. It runs fine usualy when I first start it up, it'll complete the buffered WU's and flush em and get more. Sometimes it'll run fine half the day sometimes only an hour or so. It tends to do it right after it uploads and downloads more WU's. It'll sit initializing until I stop the engine, flush all the WU's and restart the engine.

willy1
02-13-2004, 09:03 PM
My Win2K client stopped today. I haven't figured out if there is an error log or such to look through for hints.