PDA

View Full Version : DFolding with a dial-up system

[DPC]Mobster
04-04-2002, 04:30 AM
Before the most recent update, I was able to fold with my dial-up system. Nowadays, the client tries to connect with the internet after completing 5k or 10k structures (depending on the protein I presume)
I would like my client to keep folding and only upload results when I manually connect to the internet.
I already added the -df parameter in the foldit.bat (this was sufficient in previous versions)
I also added a proxy.cfg file in de dfolding dir, but still my client stops folding after 5k structures.

Does anybody understand my problem :) and how can I fix this :confused:

vsemaska
04-04-2002, 05:56 AM
The -df option should do it, it works for me on my home system which has dial-up access to the Internet.

Anyway, you can try this:

Add the '-i f' option to the command line. It tells the client to never try to access the Internet.

When ready to upload the results terminate the client by pressing the 'Q' key or delete the .lock file in the directory. Copy foldit.bat to folditu.bat, in it replace the '-i f' option with '-u t' option, and then restart the client using this new script. This will upload the results and then terminate. It'll look like it's going to start generating structures again after uploading the results but it will terminate. Restart the client again with the foldit.bat to continue crunching.

Also, make sure you have the '-df' option in both scripts or it'll process only 6 sets of files.

[DPC]Mobster
04-04-2002, 06:05 AM
I'm not sure if I understand you correctly and because I'm not at the specific machine at the moment, I'll have to try it later on.

I'll let you know asap. Thanks so far :)

[DPC]Mobster
04-05-2002, 02:45 PM
Everything seems to be in working order now.
Folded over 150k structures today. Unfortunately server is down so I can't flush :(

Thankx for the help!