PDA

View Full Version : Problems with the new stats design, new isn't always better

bossmaniac
05-24-2018, 02:15 AM
Hi,
i don't like the new style and was hoping i could switch back to the old color design. But:
Statistic config tool isn't working "The requested URL /statstool/ was not found on this server."

Also the hosts mouseover info isn't working. When i click the hosts id, no information is shown about the host.

Bok
05-24-2018, 08:37 AM
Statstool is not coming back, too many problems with it.

I'm sorry but comments like this are what cause me to consider whether to continue providing these stats any longer.

bossmaniac
05-25-2018, 10:01 AM
That would be bad if you stop the stats, because they are totally number one of all boinc stats. I like the cool navigation between my stats, to my team stats and back.
I just don't like the pale blue new look.
And one of the feature i love was the mouse over computer info where i can quick identify my pc's. Also i love the see which computer use use and archive what kind of score.
For me Free-DC is my Boinc Stats Cockpit.

Bok
05-25-2018, 10:15 AM
Coding the host data lists is next on my list, but GDPR issues are consuming my time right now. Not even sure I'm going to be able to continue collecting data (see thread about WCG stats being restricted now)

mmonnin
05-26-2018, 06:32 PM
Hi,
i don't like the new style and was hoping i could switch back to the old color design. But:
Statistic config tool isn't working "The requested URL /statstool/ was not found on this server."

Also the hosts mouseover info isn't working. When i click the hosts id, no information is shown about the host.

Add a 3 behind stats and thats the old stats site.

https://stats3.free-dc.org/stats......

Bok
05-26-2018, 08:50 PM
yes, I left it there for now, but it will disappear at some point, so I would not rely on it.

vaughan
05-29-2018, 09:58 PM
Hi Bok,
Will you be updating the stats so the overtaking information is made available again? Also the ranking within country stats is giving a 404 error.

Bok
05-31-2018, 02:32 PM
Country ranking and Date ranking within project should be working mostly now

Dirk Broer
06-03-2018, 07:30 AM
What I like about the new stats:

It is more 'snappy': when I click 'back' it re-calculates the scores (fast), instead of digging in my local cache (slowly).
It all fits on my screen, unlike the previous version (due to the size of my signature).

What can be better:

The old stats had some colored columns, which works better -for me.
The sub-project overview has a column 'RAC' which displays all kinds of values, but no RAC.

Bok
06-03-2018, 02:11 PM
If you can be a little more informative I can try and fix these bugs. I added the shading to the two columns on userbycpid page (https://stats.free-dc.org/userbycpid/c843714b32e467b97d2571d1af9971f8), see what you think.

If you can list the other pages which should have this and which columns I can add.

Dirk Broer
06-03-2018, 06:21 PM
If you can be a little more informative I can try and fix these bugs. I added the shading to the two columns on userbycpid page (https://stats.free-dc.org/userbycpid/c843714b32e467b97d2571d1af9971f8), see what you think.
Perfect!

If you can list the other pages which should have this and which columns I can add.
Basically all previously (the 'old stats') shaded columns.

Bok
06-03-2018, 08:07 PM
The point being is that if you can help to list them it would very much help me ...

Dirk Broer
06-03-2018, 09:01 PM
The point being is that if you can help to list them it would very much help me ...

Sorry, I don't have access to the old stats to compare them with. I know that the team stats page (teambycpid) is in dire need though.

Bok
06-03-2018, 09:38 PM
try stats3 (https://stats3.free-dc.org/stats.php?page=index)

EDIT Fixed teambycpid, though I probably should move the projrank column more to the left and left align it.

Dirk Broer
06-04-2018, 10:19 AM
Nice as it looks now!

BTW: there is a small bug with the project 'NRG' on the teambycpid page (and has been for the last past months, if not longer actually)

vaughan
06-04-2018, 11:31 PM
Starting from CPID page then Primegrid Users stats for insertname (Team) contains a column heading Primes/Factors but the details are shown as 5 numbers separated by colons 0:0:0:0:0 so I'm unsure what this means.