PDA

View Full Version : Client shutting down after 60,000 folds.

Mobocastor
04-05-2002, 07:25 PM
My client is shutting down automatically after making 60,000 folds even though I am using the -df option. If I am not mistaken, I thought the -df option was to allow for a basically unlimited amount of folds to be made before uploads. Am I missing something here?

Brian the Fist
04-05-2002, 11:24 PM
Perhaps it is exiting for another reason, or perhaps you did not put -df in the proper place. Look in the error.log for any clues, and check the readme carefully to make sure -df is in the right place in the foldit script.

Mobocastor
04-06-2002, 06:41 AM
Howard,

This is a copy of the line where I have the -df in the foldit script. <.\foldtrajlite -f protein -n native -df> This is where the -df should be correct? I haven't checked the error log. Later.

Auritania
04-06-2002, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by Mobocastor
My client is shutting down automatically after making 60,000 folds even though I am using the -df option. If I am not mistaken, I thought the -df option was to allow for a basically unlimited amount of folds to be made before uploads. Am I missing something here?

I've got the same thing going on with my one and only win98 machine. The client is set up just the same as all the others. (set directory and switches once, burned to CD and sneakernetted copies onto all machines) This is now the only machine that won't run correctly and I am assuming it has to do with the win98 somehow.

Brian the Fist
04-06-2002, 11:56 AM
The -df looks like it is correct. So take a look in the error.log and if it is not obvious what is wrong, let me take a look at the error.log..

Mobocastor
04-06-2002, 11:03 PM
Howard,

I rechecked the foldit script on the machine that I said was shutting down ot 60,000 folds. Being the dork that I am sometimes, I found out that the -df option was not there. Apparently when I deleted the old directory after the last protein change and downloaded the new client I forgot to put the -df on this particular machine. I'm currently at 28,000 folds and counting and will wait and see what happens at 60,000 folds. I should not have a problem. My mistake. Later.