PDA

View Full Version : Questions

Moogie
03-07-2004, 09:11 AM
Can someone tell me a little bit about this project? I know what it does, but is it difficult to run/set up? Can it run with other projects?

How many FDCers do we have running it right now?

rshepard
03-07-2004, 09:19 AM
Its fairly easy to set up. You can d/l the whole package, including the Java it wants, with a GUI installer (this is how I prefer to do it). This will get you a GUI based client with all the pretty, cycle wasting, eye-candy. To get it to a command line format you have to edit one file and the shortcut.
(I put some instructions in this thread (http://www.free-dc.org/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5580) )
I doubt it will play nice with other projects if you are trying to get them on a single proc box; but I haven't had any trouble running it with something else on a duallie. I think there's about 6 or 7 of us involved on a regular basis at the moment.

Evilmoose
03-07-2004, 09:27 AM
TSC and D2OL are very easy to run. Just use the Java intaller and follow the directions from there. They run stable for the most part with occasional stats server outages. You can cache up to 2000 wu wich take between 10 & 25 minutes to compleate on most machines.

Only thing to watch out for is ist a ram hog with the graphic enabled. Easy to disable though.

There are 6 of us running TSC with the addition of MerePeer. A little more help could see us in the top 15 in next to no time.

Give it a try:cool: