PDA

View Full Version : Hello to Everyone

Jkusuda
03-12-2004, 03:17 PM
Just wanted to say hello to everyone. I'm switching teams and have been checking out the many teams out there and I've decided this is the place for me!

rshepard
03-12-2004, 03:29 PM
Hi there -- Welcome aboard.

:cheers:

PY 222
03-12-2004, 03:31 PM
Well... welcome Jkusuda!

We are sure that you will like it here. Help yourself to IB's cyberfridge as its constantly stocked with all the goodies that all Geeks need!

Welcome again mate.

Fozzie
03-12-2004, 03:32 PM
What DC projects you running?

Great place here, loads of fun, loads of info and loads of lovely projects you can put those boxen hard at work on.

Bok
03-12-2004, 03:48 PM
Hi James :thumbs:

good to see you over here my friend.

So, what are you going to crunch on :)

Which reminds me, now that the AT vs BBR seti battle is over I need to bring my seti stats over here (as a favor to a friend I moved them to BBR, but it's over now)

Bok

:elephant: :elephant: :elephant:

Fozzie
03-12-2004, 04:10 PM
This is good in 2 ways, 1 more active cruncher and another person that I will have to RK on my quest to the top 5.

:thumbs:

Run while you can :beep:

This guy is great, he's my next target in Lifemapper too.

Just check D2OL as well, XP's gonna love you he was just going to become our most successful 1 node cruncher and you popped in ahead of SkyGod.

So many WUs on so many projects, and all my favourites too.

:cheers: :drums:

MerePeer
03-12-2004, 04:18 PM
Welcome! :)

Jkusuda
03-12-2004, 04:50 PM
I've run a little bit on a lot of projects. My main focus right now is UD though. I changed my email account recently and I can't remember my SETI count otherwise I would move those over as well. Such a shame so many wu's lost!!!

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. I'm sure to be bumping into you as I crunch along.

Anteraan
03-12-2004, 04:50 PM
I made the same choice at the very beginning of the year, and have received nothing but support (and some good-natured hell) from the people here. I love it, and hope you enjoy yourself as much as I have. I'm glad you're aboard.

:hiya:

Nexus
03-12-2004, 06:18 PM
Welcome aboard.

I too have recently joined Free-DC (though not defecting from another team; I just turned up one day like a bad smell) and have found it excellent. I checked out a few other teams before sidling in here, and I was not impressed by them.

Many teams are involved with stuff other than distributed computing and include it just as a sort of add-on and there's no real support. Here DC is the one and only concern and the people are extremely helpful.

N.

gopher_yarrowzoo
03-12-2004, 08:02 PM
Welcome Jkusuda, yup this is a funny old team, loads of support when you need it, some good humored comments, like your next on my Road Kill list :D etc....
The Odd Sub-Team Gauntlet (those are major fun :) )
:cheers: (the Fridge is not IB's It's mine (I've got the keys to stock it up :rolleyes:)

Evilmoose
03-12-2004, 08:45 PM
Good to see you:cheers:
Ive found a home here.
Welcome:bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy:

PY 222
03-13-2004, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by gopher_yarrowzoo
:cheers: (the Fridge is not IB's It's mine (I've got the keys to stock it up :rolleyes:)

No you don't!

Don't listen to him Jkusuda. He is a few marbles short of a dozen. :D

Note to self: Padlock the fridge up the next time I go grab something :fridge:

FoBoT
03-13-2004, 01:30 AM
:hiya:

magicfan241
03-13-2004, 09:23 AM
PY: NOOOOO!!!!!

Don't padlock the fridge! I need to get my drinks from it!

NOOOOO!!!!!

magicfan241

gopher_yarrowzoo
03-13-2004, 07:43 PM
don't worry magicfan - I got Bolt Cutters :D...
oh and PY - Ask IB he gave me the keys :p :rolleyes:

Moogie
03-15-2004, 06:37 PM
Welcome! It's wonderful to have you on board.

Gopher...those were fake keys...and the padlock/chain is..well..eletric..well, you'll get a nice jolt and your hair will curl if you try to cut it. :)

magicfan241
03-15-2004, 06:56 PM
Moogie: Will you hook me up with a way into the fridge then??

I need my beer!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's what I use to cool my computers :) :)

magicfan241

PY 222
03-15-2004, 07:09 PM
/me pass magicfan241 the uber secret 128 digit keycode for the fridge's door and a key for the padlock.

Use it wisely. :cheers:

gopher_yarrowzoo
03-15-2004, 07:10 PM
Moggie, erm didn't ya know, I'm Shookproof - I wear rubber soled boots - I passed by BOFH course with flying colors - can't keep a good BOFH down....

Anteraan
03-15-2004, 10:52 PM
^ is only shockproof because he has been grounded since he was 12. :p

Moogie
03-16-2004, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by Anteraan
^ is only shockproof because he has been grounded since he was 12. :p

I thought it was because he had been hit by one too many lightening bolts. :)

Richard Clyne
03-16-2004, 05:02 PM
/me scratches head and thinks "I am sure this thread was not intended to be about who has ownership rights to IBs fridge." :scratch:

Now I remeber. :D

Welcome Jkusuda :cheers:

Now I have that out the way.

Kids, if you don't stop fighting over who has the keys to the greatest virtual fridge known to mankind I am going to arrange for the fridge to do a serious disappearing act (never to be seen again :p), and I will stop all your allowances for the next six months.

BE WARNED :):moon:

IronBits
03-16-2004, 07:22 PM
:swear: No one messes with my fridge!!! :swear: :drink:

magicfan241
03-16-2004, 07:46 PM
Jkusuda: If you need any help with UD, feel free to PM me.

I run another UD team(a very big one), but I try to help out where ever I can. If I don't know the answer, I know who else does!

Seriously, have fun, get drunk on the drinks from IB's fridge, and then everything here will make sense!

magicfan241, wondering what happened to the magic mushrooms that were in the back of the freezer, the realizing it is near spring time, and he has to replenish them. I live in the mushroom capital of the NorthEast for a reason :p

Moogie
03-17-2004, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by IronBits
:swear: No one messes with my fridge!!! :swear: :drink:

Wanna bet? :D

And if one more person leaves an empty 12 pack box in the refridgerator one more time, it's all over with but the crying. :D

/me mumbles to herself...first it's the shoes left anywhere on the floor, then it's the feet on the coffee table. My work is never done.....

:wife: