PDA

View Full Version : Oh! Come On!

MarkRBright
03-16-2020, 10:38 AM
So having struggled through to get my first SubProject 25 Million, I was slightly annoyed to discover that it neither appeared in the MM's, nor added to the Squarepants total, nor for that matter do I receive the much sought after (by me at least) Orange-Faced MM Badge for achieving MM's in 50 categories. This seems a tad unfair really. It wasn't as if it would have been a surprise to me to be getting a Sub25m MM - I had been working my way towards it for some time, looking forward to this day, as probably only another Free-DC MM-fixated Boincer would appreciate. ;)

I am quite used to the way this works now, however, I did forget about this weird rule of having to get more than one before you get rewarded which I have always disagreed with. I have always thought "You've earned it so you should have it - isn't that the point of it?". Oh well, so here I am having done the work and I won't get rewarded until I do it again!

Is it just me? I am not going to cry about it though - well - I'm trying really, really hard not to ;)

Bok
03-16-2020, 01:35 PM
Your wish is granted. Lowered to 0 for 5M and above mm's. Ran the 25M one, the rest will go tonight.

MarkRBright
03-16-2020, 04:06 PM
Cheers and thanks Bok - you are as ever a star.

MarkRBright
03-17-2020, 08:00 PM
I thought about this a bit more and I (and I may well be alone in this) still feel that the "more than one" feature should go completely for exactly the same reasons I have already given. "You earned it - you should get it" trumps "You earned it but you won't get it till you do it again" in my book.
I would apply this to Clanks and SubClanks too. I find it frustrating when I occasionally decide to focus on a smaller number of projects and find that after a while my stats suddenly plummet because they have dropped below the arbitrary threshold despite the fact I am still working hard, Boincing away, but just for some specific projects that have taken my fancy for whatever reason.
Just sayin', not really expectin'

Bok
03-19-2020, 03:23 AM
It's more about the amount of data it generates and time taken than anything else.

I've changed clanks and sclanks and ran those though.

I can do others on a case by case.