dl the linux program, unzipped it to my desktop

has 3 files but don't know what to do?

Frodo42
03-23-2004, 04:29 PM
Start by creating an account through the website

Then edit the file sclient.conf to and add you username
And finally run the program by typing:
./sb sclient.conf

You could also add the program to etc/conf.d/local.start (anyways the path on Gentoo, don't know about Lindows) to make it start when you start your computer.

Btw. this is done in an terminal window, I would suggest you put the files in a separete directory, but I think it also would work from the desktop, even though I don't know what that actually is.

Esquire
03-23-2004, 04:40 PM
so the folder on my desktop is there
where do i type ./sb sclient.conf?

thanks

Frodo42
03-23-2004, 05:33 PM
You open a terminal window and go to the directory by using the cd (change directory) command and then type
./sb sclient.conf
after editing the sclient.conf file.
If you can't find a terminal window try CTRL+F1 that should get you to the command line where you log in and start the client as described, CTRL+F7 gets you back to X.

Polski Radon
04-23-2004, 02:04 PM
I've started another thread but no one is able to help me.

I've downloaded the file again just now and can't find the sclient.conf file after expanding it. Strange because it worked a week ago.

Booting off CD with no HDD so I'm not able to save anything long-term.

Alien88
04-24-2004, 01:20 AM
Originally posted by Polski Radon
I've started another thread but no one is able to help me.

I've downloaded the file again just now and can't find the sclient.conf file after expanding it. Strange because it worked a week ago.

Booting off CD with no HDD so I'm not able to save anything long-term.

http://o.pns.net/~alien/sb125-Linux.tar.gz

are you downloading the file, then tar -zxvf'ing it to extract it?

Polski Radon
04-27-2004, 02:40 AM
Ok, seems to be fine right now. :cheers: Knoppix wasn't creating the .conf file after extracting to a folder before.

The new AMD 2500+ CPU's are crap, can't even do 190MHz FSB stable. Mine's a AXDA2500DKV4D AQZFA 0411 VMPM. Stay as far from that as possible. :cry:

timmay256
05-03-2004, 07:12 AM
Originally posted by Polski Radon
The new AMD 2500+ CPU's are crap, can't even do 190MHz FSB stable. Mine's a AXDA2500DKV4D AQZFA 0411 VMPM. Stay as far from that as possible. :cry:

heh, i beg to differ. i do 2.5ghz on air and 1.7v on my mobile 2500 barton. check newegg for details ;) (and yes, a mobile chip will work in a desktop board, socketA is socketA, you just dont get the SpeedStep stuff, but you do get unlocked multi's back on your barton chip)

Polski Radon
05-06-2004, 03:38 PM
Yeah, I know. I'm an old member of Overclockers Australia.

The Mobile CPU is the cream of the crop. Only complaining that the non-M 2500+ are crap :bang: . I'll definately be getting a Mobile soon.