PDA

View Full Version : Alternative 3rd party stats...

pfb
03-31-2004, 12:36 PM
Been working on an alternative 3rd party stats site - still in beta but it's coming to the end of Beta 1 testing and so posting here for some feedback :)

Main site : http://wibble.bounceme.net/Sneakers/ (maybe a bit slow)

Team page: http://wibble.bounceme.net/Sneakers/TeamStats.php?tid=[team id]

Enjoy :)

HaloJones
03-31-2004, 04:55 PM
Really nice, pfb. Thanks:cheers:

Grumpy
04-01-2004, 01:39 AM
:notworthy Stats :notworthy

Cmarc
04-01-2004, 03:08 AM
wow those are pretty nice! good job.

/me adds link to his navbar

Ned
04-01-2004, 08:25 AM
Great Stats... They will be even better once you have accumulated a full weeks worth of data to fill out some of the graphs, etc... :thumbs:

In the TEAM display, when you ask for the threat/conquests for a team member, you get far too much data... Limit this display to only the team members please.:D I have no desire to see the other few thousand DF'ers relate to me. :sleepy:

Great Job... I'm sure you'll get a lot of hits when it gets well known...:drums:

Thanks, Ned:cool:

pfb
04-01-2004, 10:07 AM
I'm going to split the conquests/threats into Team only and All...once I get around to it :p

Darkness Productions
04-01-2004, 11:41 AM
Might I suggest paging out that main page? It's fairly large ( Firefox says 620.8 KB (635702 bytes)). That should cut down some bandwidth usage for you, and server load for you as well...

Just a thought :)

pfb
04-01-2004, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by Darkness Productions
Might I suggest paging out that main page? It's fairly large ( Firefox says 620.8 KB (635702 bytes)). That should cut down some bandwidth usage for you, and server load for you as well...

Just a thought :)

the main page is static so server load is minimal...but will be chunking that into 25 or 50 teams... (prob this weekend - just sorting out a whole bunch of work stuff and sorting out my network...)

IronBits
04-01-2004, 12:40 PM
I added it to the 3rd Party Stats column on http://stats.Free-DC.org
Thanks! :thumbs:

pfb
04-01-2004, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by Ned
In the TEAM display, when you ask for the threat/conquests for a team member, you get far too much data... Limit this display to only the team members please.:D I have no desire to see the other few thousand DF'ers relate to me. :sleepy:

Conquests/Threats is now split into All and Team - All will show every single threat (or conquest) whereas Team limits the display to just those on your Team

:)

MerePeer
04-02-2004, 06:00 AM
This is lookin good, thanks!

I had a few thoughts:

- the rank is wrapping, even at 1024 width, and makes it hard to read {see pic attached}

- personal opinion: I think the jumping icons are a bit distracting, especially since the whole page has a line of them all jumping up and down. Someday maybe these could be optional/setting?

- I'd vote for adding either border=1 or alternating backgrounds to make it easier to read across a row. I also think this would help readability for some usernames that have multi-words and being wrapped by default html handling and 'flowing together' with the next line, for instance these 4 lines have no demarcation leaving some question as to whether the second username is actually "central beyond".
FreeDC
Hydra
Central
Beyond

- would you consider adding a carriage return/line feed inside your html at the end of each <tr> row to make it easier if someone (like me) wanted to parse the html into another app?

- I like seeing my overall rank and I like seeing overall conquests and threats. I think it would be helpful to see something else: a table showing my username in the overall list -- if not a top 1000 perhaps just 25 users above and 25 below me from the "overall" ranking. This would help because I can't go over to the other sites with your overall ranking because it doesnt match their list because they arent updating on the same schedule/frequency. Just a suggestion.

Overall -- great job and thanks!:thumbs:

pfb
04-02-2004, 07:07 AM
Originally posted by MerePeer
- the rank is wrapping, even at 1024 width, and makes it hard to read {see pic attached}

still working out the layout - this is one of the things I have noticed, just trying to see the best way to show the rank without using too much space...

- personal opinion: I think the jumping icons are a bit distracting, especially since the whole page has a line of them all jumping up and down. Someday maybe these could be optional/setting?

They started to annoy me as well - changed to the static ones...

- I'd vote for adding either border=1 or alternating backgrounds to make it easier to read across a row. I also think this would help readability for some usernames that have multi-words and being wrapped by default html handling and 'flowing together' with the next line, for instance these 4 lines have no demarcation leaving some question as to whether the second username is actually "central beyond".
FreeDC
Hydra
Central
Beyond

I'll have a think about that - in the meantime if you want to highlight your info on the team page use http://wibble.bounceme.net/Sneakers/TeamStats.php?tid=[team id]&uid=[user id]

- would you consider adding a carriage return/line feed inside your html at the end of each <tr> row to make it easier if someone (like me) wanted to parse the html into another app?

possibly - all the HTML code is produced via PHP though....

- I like seeing my overall rank and I like seeing overall conquests and threats. I think it would be helpful to see something else: a table showing my username in the overall list -- if not a top 1000 perhaps just 25 users above and 25 below me from the "overall" ranking. This would help because I can't go over to the other sites with your overall ranking because it doesnt match their list because they arent updating on the same schedule/frequency. Just a suggestion.

An overall list is coming...

MerePeer
04-02-2004, 07:14 AM
You da man!!:notworthy

fyi re: usernames. You could try css entry (or inline) for td {white-space: nowrap}

jonnyw
04-02-2004, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by pfb

They started to annoy me as well - changed to the static ones...

strange, they appear to be static in internet explorer, and bouncy in mozilla. No idea why???

EDIT: cleared cache and problem fixed now

also when username is selected, a few white patches show behind some of the icons. See right of pic below

http://www.khaos.plus.com/distribfold/stats4.GIF

(sorry for dodgy pic, haven't got round to installing irfanview yet to make nice images).

also, is the up/down gif, and associated number supposed to represent movement within the team, or overall movement?

if i's within the team mine is way off, although after typing this i'm sorts guessing it represents overall movement (with it being next to overall position column).

pfb
04-02-2004, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by jonnyw
strange, they appear to be static in internet explorer, and bouncy in mozilla. No idea why???

EDIT: cleared cache and problem fixed now

also when username is selected, a few white patches show behind some of the icons. See right of pic below

<snip>

(sorry for dodgy pic, haven't got round to installing irfanview yet to make nice images).

also, is the up/down gif, and associated number supposed to represent movement within the team, or overall movement?

if i's within the team mine is way off, although after typing this i'm sorts guessing it represents overall movement (with it being next to overall position column).

bouncy-bouncy has gone - if it's showing then you've got it cached somewhere (as you found out :p)

I know about the white patches - the gifs are transparent but the highlighting is done by setting the table cell background which seems to conflict...it's a minor visual thing which is low on my list of things to sort out...(although the top of the hourly icon is fine...)

for movement on the team page- if it's in the team rank column (first one) then it's within the team; in the second (overall) it's overall...the thing to note with overall is that it excludes teamless users. Teamless users are a pain as a lot don't have a UID or TID (well, they do but it's 0) so the more 'transactional' processing is a lot harder - especially when those who are UID=0 also have a name of None...

pfb
04-04-2004, 12:52 PM
Added and tweaked some stuff on it:

* limited the teams page to 25 teams per page
* user list now available - limited to 50 users per page
* added lines on the tables to make it easier for to read
* some back-end tweaking - should be a bit quicker to produce the stats...

will be adding search capability some time soon as well...

TeeJay
04-04-2004, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by pfb
Added and tweaked some stuff on it:

* limited the teams page to 25 teams per page
* user list now available - limited to 50 users per page
* added lines on the tables to make it easier for to read
* some back-end tweaking - should be a bit quicker to produce the stats...

will be adding search capability some time soon as well...

Good job ! Excellent work there...

One question on conquests tho...

It says hourly gain... I am wondering if that is per update (2 hours)
or if it is really calculated for hourly gain.

Thanks pfb, 'preciate the stats !

>>TJ

pfb
04-04-2004, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by TeeJay
Good job ! Excellent work there...

One question on conquests tho...

It says hourly gain... I am wondering if that is per update (2 hours)
or if it is really calculated for hourly gain.

Thanks pfb, 'preciate the stats !

>>TJ

the gain is calculated at an hourly rate - even though I am only getting 12 (or less) updates a day, it should still come out at an hourly rate (and some of the gains I've monitored seem to bear this out)...

bit more tweaking - the user name on the team stats now links to the all user page - positioning you at lowest rank - 10 (so if you are rank 100, it would show 90 - 140) ...

Jay
04-06-2004, 03:58 PM
As I've said @ LH, you've done a damn fine job bud :cheers:

edit: come on then, how've you got dftag working here?

pfb
04-06-2004, 04:55 PM
some more tweaks:

* tooltip (via overlib) on the main Team index - shows hourly and daily production rankings
* colour banding of individual daily production (show on the team stats pages):
> 2,000,000 = red
> 1,000,000 = orange
> 500,000 = green
> 250,000 = blue
* slight tweak to the active counts - now should reflect the last days production

pfb
04-07-2004, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by MerePeer

With regard to this - I'm looking at more of a 'extract the info from the db' than 'parse the html' solution for a couple of other apps (dfMon being one of them) - would your app being able to submit and process MySql queries?

pfb
04-10-2004, 09:21 PM
Due to some queries with the recent supply of stats, I've reset the 24 hour ones just to do some checking...apologies for any inconvenience :)

iggy
04-11-2004, 03:22 PM
Not sure if there was a problem with the database, but last update and 24 hour team points are presented as negative.

http://www.iggy.kicks-ass.org/Pictures/Sneakers.jpg

Individual team pages seem to be unaffected.

MerePeer
04-11-2004, 03:28 PM
Sorry didnt pick up on your question before.
Q: "would your app being able to submit and process MySql queries?"
A: whatever is easiest for you. I assume you mean put the sql in the url or post body, then get the contents back in some way that can be parsed.

MerePeer
04-11-2004, 03:31 PM
I love the content & display of your Show_users.php page. Nice work.:thumbs:

pfb
04-11-2004, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by iggy
Not sure if there was a problem with the database, but last update and 24 hour team points are presented as negative.

Individual team pages seem to be unaffected.

Team stats will be a bit off as I am trying to compensate for the stats 'disparity' coming out from the tarbal...I've reverted to the older method (which will mean some totals won't match) until I get some time to look at it....

/edit - should be ok now...team conquests/threats will be out for a day or so tho...

pfb
04-11-2004, 07:46 PM
right, the total team structures now adds up to the total team structures - which may or may not match the total team structures being shown on the official team page (but is the value you get when you add up all the team member points)...hope that makes sense :p

Team conquests/threats have been reset but everything else should be ok (apart from the daily total for Saturday)...

Just need to figure out why the total team structures being provided != the sum of the team member points... :bang:

pfb
04-15-2004, 09:40 PM
I've changed graphing engines - the new one should allow me to create some better (more interactive) graphs than the old JPGraph engine...

Any probs with the graphs, let me know :)

pfb
04-17-2004, 10:52 PM
New features:

Team Stats

* Sort by...

1) Rank [ascending] (default)
2) Last update points [descending]
3) Last 24 hours points [descending]
4) Current protein points [descending]
5) Total points [descending]
6) RMS [ascending]

Mini Team stats

* Sort by

1) Protein points [descending] (default)
2) Total points [descending]

Click the header to sort, sorted column is shown by http://wibble.bounceme.net/Sneakers/search_arrow_down.gif

Any probs let me know :)

IronBits
04-18-2004, 01:34 AM
Nice work :thumbs: :cheers:

HaloJones
04-18-2004, 04:12 AM
pfb,

how did you do that in your sig, BTW. Nice!

Jay
04-18-2004, 06:01 AM
Originally posted by HaloJones
pfb,

{url=http://wibble.bounceme.net/Sneakers/TeamStats.php?tid=631&uid=14498} {img}http://wibble.bounceme.net/Sneakers/dfTag/dfTag.php?uid=14498&d=1{/img}{/url}

Just change the curly brackets for square ones & you should get:

http://wibble.bounceme.net/Sneakers/dfTag/dfTag.php?uid=14498&d=1 (http://wibble.bounceme.net/Sneakers/TeamStats.php?tid=631&uid=14498)

pfb
04-18-2004, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by HaloJones
pfb,

As Jay posted, if the forum supports sig images use that (the click-through takes you to your team stats page).

The acutal parameters are :

http://wibble.bounceme.net/Sneakers/dftag_usage.png

I wasn't going to let people know how to use it until I'd sorted proper hosting but looking at the server stats it should be fine to use :)

Jay
04-18-2004, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by pfb
I wasn't going to let people know how to use it until I'd sorted proper hosting but looking at the server stats it should be fine to use :)

Doh! Sorry bunny :bonk:

You want me to edit my post then?

MerePeer
04-18-2004, 09:01 AM
Great stuff. Thanks!
;)

Chaser
04-18-2004, 09:23 AM
Great! Thank you very very much!

HaloJones
04-18-2004, 10:18 AM
Love it!:thumbs:

pfb
04-21-2004, 09:08 PM
For those using dfTag, you'll notice some changes over the next few days - I am currently implementing the cPanel for it so you can add in the optional info (mine is showing all the info I am looking to provide)...

Dyyryath
04-22-2004, 01:00 AM
Those stats are really looking good, pfb! Very nice work! :thumbs:

rofn
04-22-2004, 02:42 AM
very nice :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

pfb
04-25-2004, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by Dyyryath
Those stats are really looking good, pfb! Very nice work! :thumbs:

cheers - never designed them to be as thorough as yours were - or even to be for all the teams (but after you took your's offline I thought I'd see how well it scaled)...

one of the main requirements of the stats was to be as small as possible (in terms of resources) - I think I've managed that with the DB behind the stats currently sitting at 135MB (130MB of which is the conquest data)...

Still some way to go though :)

pfb
04-26-2004, 08:39 PM
the dfTag Control Panel (cPanel) is currently undergoing Beta testing with my team...here's how it looks at the moment (after each settings submission the 3 dfTag graphics update so that you can see how it looks on neutral, light and dark backgrounds):

http://wibble.bounceme.net/Sneakers/dftag_cpanel.png

I am hoping to shift to a proper host in the next 2 weeks - during which time dfTag cPanel will be tested - hopefully I can move from Beta to Gamma testing then :)

HaloJones
04-27-2004, 02:10 AM
:notworthy

pfb
05-08-2004, 01:39 PM
New page (still being worked on in terms of the graphs...): http://wibble.bounceme.net/Sneakers/summary.php (link is on the main team pages)

I am now capturing the stats for the ETC calculation - show be showing in a few updates for the hourly-based ETC, and a day or 2 for the daily-based ETC...

You'll notice the total structures completed I have is different from the total structures completed on the main DF site - this is due to the disparity I am picking up between the stats and the tarball (it seems the stats pages are slightly older (stats-wise) than the tarball)...

tpdooley
06-09-2004, 01:57 PM
On http://anteater.blueprint.org/cgi-bin/trajstore , I'm listed as being in 35th place. On http://statsman.ww-testsites.co.uk/distfoldingstats/users.html , I'm listed as being in 34th place. And on http://wibble.bounceme.net/Sneakers/Show_users.php , I'm listed as being in 33rd place.
For some reason, PhilTheDrill is missing from 26th place.

Is the official stat wrong, or is there another person missing from the top of the stats list?

pfb
06-09-2004, 02:06 PM
I don't process teamless users as quite a few do not have unique IDs so that may be why there is a difference between the official DF stats and mine - and Philthedrill is part of the teamless user set...

http://wibble.bounceme.net/Sneakers/teamless.png

I am trying to figure a why of incorporating them into my stats framework but without a unique UID it maybe impossible...

As for the disparity between Statsman and mine, iirc Statsman is updated every 4 hours, mine is with every update and so may introduce a disparity as mine would be more recent in some circumstances...

tpdooley
06-10-2004, 03:36 AM
aha! :)

PhilTheDrill doesn't show up on your stats because he's a teamless user; and the Beowulf cluster doesn't show up in either your stats page (because it's a teamless user) or Statsman's (because it doesn't have a name).

We need to get Howard or Elena to give that beowulf cluster a name so it shows up in 3rd party stats..

And ask that everyone be given an individual UID; whether in a team or not..
Perhaps it's time to add something like: If name = "" then name = "None"? (Either by the project - or by the 3rd party stats pages.)

Thanks.. knowing who the phantoms are makes it much easier to deal with.. :)

pfb
06-10-2004, 08:23 AM
I've posted (http://www.free-dc.org/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6741) a request for UIDs to be unique...once they are it should be fairly easy to process the Teamless user group as well...

As to the not having a name, I can always post-process (as I do for empty organisation entries)...

tpdooley
06-10-2004, 01:37 PM
I think I remember reading Howard's comments on the UID issue a long, long time ago. Supposedly, if you delete your name, you become "anonymous" - and thus your UID doesn't show up in the stats reports.

If the UID=0; can the current stats be the only thing represented on a chart or listing? i.e. no history represented?

pfb
06-10-2004, 01:46 PM
I do use everyone's info for the summary page (http://wibble.bounceme.net/Sneakers/summary.php) but due to the relational setup of the db, there's not much I can do as it stands...

I am going to have another look at some point to see how the teamless users can be integrated to the main stats...

pfb
06-10-2004, 04:08 PM
Howard has posted the reasoning behind those UID = 0 and Name = None...what i might do is parse the teamless users but only take the UID > 0 ones which should make the stats a bit more realistic...I might even recode slightly to allow UID = 0 to be summarised but they definately won't be tracked historically...

pfb
07-06-2004, 06:49 PM
I've changed RMS to pseudo-energy to be in line with the DF stats...I'll change that back to RMS when appropiate....

pfb
07-09-2004, 02:19 PM
also changed the target from 10,000,000,000 to 1,000,000,000 in line with the Stats page on the Blueprint site...(this only affects the Summary (http://wibble.bounceme.net/Sneakers/summary.php) page)

pfb
07-10-2004, 08:02 PM
fixed a bug with the showing of the top 3 RMS on the main index pages - it shoudl show 1) multiple top RMS within a team correctly (ie. if a team has 1 and 3 top energy then they will have a Gold and Bronze star) and 2) ordering of top 3 energy where teams have the same energy should match the Blueprint stats...(should only matter for non-RMS proteins)...

D2DM
07-12-2004, 05:40 PM
Hi,
Noticed something on your nice statpage.

DPC stats:
249 -1 5,484 Pedro ([NOT SET]) 0 0 0 0 99.999 0.00

actual listing =
#249. Pedro#1 a.k.a. der Gomez Dutch Power Cows 0 10,582,336 99.999

Maybe the # messes it up?

pfb
07-12-2004, 05:44 PM
the # (along with the . that is a few chars along) is messing it up - it shouldn't but as not many people have that as part of their name it's not easily seen...

I'll have a look and see how to workaround it :)

pfb
07-24-2004, 08:04 PM
Summary page is now split into 3:

Protein progress (http://wibble.bounceme.net/Sneakers/summary.php#ProtProg)

Top 10 teams (http://wibble.bounceme.net/Sneakers/summary.php#Top10Team)

Top 10 producers (http://wibble.bounceme.net/Sneakers/summary.php#Top10Prod)

plus there is the Top 50 pseudo energy/RMS scores (http://wibble.bounceme.net/Sneakers/top_x_rms.php) page...

Dyyryath
07-24-2004, 10:51 PM
pfb, I just mentioned this in another thread on the Free-DC board, but I thought I'd say it again here. I was looking at your stats tonight and I think they're really, really good. The layout is exceptionally clean & orderly and the structure is quite sensible. The code must be pretty good, too, as they render pretty quickly.

That's really top notch work you're doing! :thumbs:

pfb
07-25-2004, 01:59 PM
:blush:

thanks for the comments :)

/edit

just checked and the stats are using just under 90MB of space (87MB of that is conquest data) - this is less than I expected but nice to see :|party|:

wrt speed - maybe the AMD64 3200+ (@ 3400+ speeds) is helping...have noticed a performance increase since I shifted the platform (was on a dual 2600+)...

pfb
07-26-2004, 07:47 PM
added links to the following:

team 24 hour stats: links to 7 day and main team stats
team 7 day stats: links to 24 hour and main team stats
mini-team stats: link to main team stats

--

will try and add links on the name and team name for the top x pseudo energy score page, the top 10 (last update) and top 10 (last 24 hours) tables in the next day or so...and also add the colour coding to the 24 hour/7 day stats pages...

---

suggestions on any new stats is welcome (user feedback is always helpful) - I am hoping to expand to a 'last 4 weeks' view soon as well as a multi-user comparison page (the functionality is there but not the means to show it easily). Also going to try and finalise the dfTag cPanel (for some reason it is broken under PHP 5)...

So far, hosting off my home connection has been fine (expect for a period where MSNBot crawled 1.9GB in 6 hours :mad: )...but I am looking around to shift it of so I can avoid the downtime I had last week (just need a host that allows me to run PHP scripts for 3-5 minutes)...

In the meantime, enjoy the stats - I know I am (from a coding/learning point of view - this is my first PHP project and I think it's going well ;) )

Jay
07-27-2004, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by pfb
suggestions on any new stats is welcome (user feedback is always helpful)

Can you put a 'sort' feature on? So on the weekly stats for the team I can click Tuesday, Wednesday, whatever & it'll sort the list in to who uploaded most for the day?

Cheers bunny :cheers:

pfb
07-28-2004, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by Jay
Can you put a 'sort' feature on? So on the weekly stats for the team I can click Tuesday, Wednesday, whatever & it'll sort the list in to who uploaded most for the day?

Cheers bunny :cheers:

it's there for the 7 day view - might put it on the 24 hour view at some point....

Rodzilla
07-30-2004, 09:45 AM
Killer page!!!!!!! I love the graphs and all the extra info it gives! Points per upload... points perday... the conquest data... all of it great!!!!:thumbs:

marica69
08-01-2004, 11:44 AM
Hi,

Your stats page is awesome but I thought you might be interested in a small bug I found.

Currently, when a user that is coming up on the conquest list has the same name as a user that is higher on the conquest list and they are on the same team, the list picks the higher one to put on the list.

Example, if there is a user at 1890 that has a conquest coming up at 1880 and that user is none on team Ars Technica, and there is another user none on team Ars Technica at position 475 overall, the conquest will pull the one from 475 into the report. It may be that the search is doing a descending search instead of an ascending one (or vice versa depending on your code logic).

Just wanted to give you a heads up. I can barely imagine the amount of effort that went into the page but the result is really nice.

Thanks for the work.

Donny

pfb
08-01-2004, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by marica69
Hi,

Your stats page is awesome but I thought you might be interested in a small bug I found.

Currently, when a user that is coming up on the conquest list has the same name as a user that is higher on the conquest list and they are on the same team, the list picks the higher one to put on the list.

Example, if there is a user at 1890 that has a conquest coming up at 1880 and that user is none on team Ars Technica, and there is another user none on team Ars Technica at position 475 overall, the conquest will pull the one from 475 into the report. It may be that the search is doing a descending search instead of an ascending one (or vice versa depending on your code logic).

Just wanted to give you a heads up. I can barely imagine the amount of effort that went into the page but the result is really nice.

Thanks for the work.

Donny

should be fixed now - was using name rather than UID to when showing threats and conquests (hangover from when it was just my team stats)...

marica69
08-01-2004, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by pfb
should be fixed now - was using name rather than UID to when showing threats and conquests (hangover from when it was just my team stats)...

Yes, that fixed it. You probably never had anyone so far down the list looking before ;)

By the way, thanks for the sig code. Took me a while to find my TID but it is very nice too.

pfb
08-01-2004, 12:38 PM
glad that fixed it (was just a minor change to do) and glad that you found the dfTag (the TID is the number when viewing your team stats on the DF site - if that helps for future reference) :)

marica69
08-01-2004, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by pfb
glad that fixed it (was just a minor change to do) and glad that you found the dfTag (the TID is the number when viewing your team stats on the DF site - if that helps for future reference) :)

Yep, figured out what the TID was but could not figure out Endeavors number. Finally got it from your code (the URL of the team display) :)

Also, found another bug, i think...

I cannot quite nail down what it is but it appears right before and or right after a blank in the conquests page. IE if there is someone that you will overtake in the daily column but not in the hourly column. The ones jsut ahead or just behind are often out of sequence by several years (like jumping from July 2006 to Oct 2009 and then a few later, goes back to the July 2006.

Also, it does not do it on every one of the blanks. Feel free to look at mine for examples, there are several. (Not that you need permission from me to look at my stats/your code :D

pfb
08-01-2004, 01:07 PM
it's not a bug ;)

basically, the conquests and threats are shown by:

1) extracting the conquest/threats for the given UID (and limiting to TID if neccessary)
2) parsed on conquest date and inserted into either the hourly or daily columns depending on type

this means that some hourly/daily conquests/threats may look out of place - looking at the opposite column should show a chronological date...

for example:

http://wibble.bounceme.net/misc/conq_ex.png

None is expected to be overtaken 16 Dec 2004 based on daily but 3 Mar 2005 based on hourly; the following entry has only a daily overtake...

hope that makes sense :)

marica69
08-01-2004, 01:30 PM
It makes sense and all of the ones in my lists appear to comply with that logic. Sorry for the "false" alarm :blush:

pfb
08-01-2004, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by marica69
It makes sense and all of the ones in my lists appear to comply with that logic. Sorry for the "false" alarm :blush:

that's ok - the conquests/threats may seem a bit odd if you have lots showing - the fact some in the opposite column may be earlier may make it look out of sequence...

thanks for the feedback btw :cheers:

Jay
08-04-2004, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by pfb
it's there for the 7 day view - might put it on the 24 hour view at some point....

Cheers matey :thumbs:

pfb
08-14-2004, 08:26 AM
there may be some disruption with the stats during 13:00 and 18:00 GMT as I am adding some stuff (mainly to do with the teamless users)...also, some rankings may appear odd for an update or 2 whilst the teamless users get settled into the database...

hopefully, once all the teamless users are in the stats should be more accurate...

pfb
08-14-2004, 10:01 AM
few hiccups but all the teamless people are now in (including those who have a UID of 0) - this should make the overall rank match the rank shown on your login page...

historical stats won't be calculated for the UID=0 Folders, but should start being collated for those with a UID > 0 - which should make the conquests/threats a bit more complete...

at the moment, the only place the teamless users will show is on the Show User pages - working on sorting out a teamless user page but not high priority (unless lots of teamless users want it :p)

pfb
08-14-2004, 01:52 PM
still a few issues to iron out - seems the code for handling UID = 0 users interferes with the team totals (each team is classed as a user, with a very high UID - UID = 0 users get a big UID but not as big as the team UID and so some code needs to be tweaked to handle this)...

apologies for any problems - hopefully once sorted, the stats should be ok and handle all DF users...

pfb
08-15-2004, 07:32 PM
ok - think everything is settled...only issue is now that teamless users are processed, the whole stats production time is increased from ~2 minutes to ~4 minutes so when the stats run at xx:23 you may see a message saying the stats are being updated...

[DPC]Mobster
08-18-2004, 05:58 AM
Great stats pfb. Just a remark. Last week a 'new' user appeared in DPC's team stats and he's trying to claim 1st place which is already taken bij MrMr :)

http://wibble.bounceme.net/Sneakers/TeamStats.php?tid=81

Maybe you know what's going on?

pfb
08-18-2004, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by [DPC]Mobster
Great stats pfb. Just a remark. Last week a 'new' user appeared in DPC's team stats and he's trying to claim 1st place which is already taken bij MrMr :)

http://wibble.bounceme.net/Sneakers/TeamStats.php?tid=81

Maybe you know what's going on?

I do - it's the user named 'Pedro#1 a.k.a. der Gomez' - the #1 cause issues when I parse the data...still trying to process that user correctly but it's the only user who has #[number] in their name...

[DPC]Mobster
08-18-2004, 10:38 AM
Aha. I don't think he visits our forum a lot lately. If I see him I will mention this to him. Maybe he's willing to change his name :)

You solving it yourself would be more satisfying for you ofcourse ;)

pfb
08-22-2004, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by pfb
I do - it's the user named 'Pedro#1 a.k.a. der Gomez' - the #1 cause issues when I parse the data...still trying to process that user correctly but it's the only user who has #[number] in their name...

that issue is now fixed as well :)

DPRGI-Federico83
08-23-2004, 12:42 PM
Am I wrong or the stats are blocked on "Updating now please wait" since one hour?

pfb
08-23-2004, 12:45 PM
the stats are offline due to a processing error earlier (not sure what happened but it when screwy) - hope to be back sometime soon...

/edit - should be OK now

focus3
08-23-2004, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by pfb
/edit - should be OK now

Err ...

Database error: Invalid SQL: select h_ as sum_upd from folddaily where tid = 194 and uid = 2766
MySQL Error: 1054 (Unknown column 'h_' in 'field list')
Session halted.

DPRGI-Federico83
08-23-2004, 01:05 PM
na

Database error: Invalid SQL: select h_ as sum_upd from folddaily where tid = 65 and uid = 31494
MySQL Error: 1054 (Unknown column 'h_' in 'field list')
Session halted.

:(

pfb
08-23-2004, 01:10 PM
not any more :crazy:

pfb
08-24-2004, 09:24 PM
Any news to do with the stats will now be posted on this (http://wibble.bounceme.net/Sneakers/news.php) page rather than in this thread...

Rodzilla
08-24-2004, 09:32 PM
:|party|: Nice!:thumbs:

G_M_C
08-25-2004, 05:21 AM
@ pfb

On your stat-page (verrry nice btw) there might be a small error.

On the main page (http://wibble.bounceme.net/sneakers/) the "teamless users" are not clickable. You cannot get to the team page.

But when selecting "teamless users" via one of the individual members the team-page is reachable. I think the link on the main page might be broken.

Also the "teamless users" aren't sorting by total points correctly. They show up as #1, but have less points then for instance FDC and DPC.

pfb
08-25-2004, 07:24 AM
Originally posted by G_M_C
@ pfb

On your stat-page (verrry nice btw) there might be a small error.

On the main page (http://wibble.bounceme.net/sneakers/) the "teamless users" are not clickable. You cannot get to the team page.

But when selecting "teamless users" via one of the individual members the team-page is reachable. I think the link on the main page might be broken.

Also the "teamless users" aren't sorting by total points correctly. They show up as #1, but have less points then for instance FDC and DPC.

The 'teamless users' direct link isn't active yet - you can still get to them via the users list (as you've said). This is intentional at the moment due to the number of teamless users (~3500 - that takes around a minute to load locally :scared: - I am going to be breaking the team stats page down into blocks of 100 to make it easier to browse - this will also make the DPC team stats easier to browse).

Also, the 'teamless users' aren't number 1 - they are number 0 (Rank is 0). This is to show that they are outside the normal rankings (although they still rank for the hourly and daily production).

Hope that is clear :)

G_M_C
08-25-2004, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by pfb
The 'teamless users' direct link isn't active yet - you can still get to them via the users list (as you've said). This is intentional at the moment due to the number of teamless users (~3500 - that takes around a minute to load locally :scared: - I am going to be breaking the team stats page down into blocks of 100 to make it easier to browse - this will also make the DPC team stats easier to browse).

Also, the 'teamless users' aren't number 1 - they are number 0 (Rank is 0). This is to show that they are outside the normal rankings (although they still rank for the hourly and daily production).

Hope that is clear :)

Yep that makes things clear to me.

The breaking up into blocks of 100 is very usefull to.

Keep up the good work :thumbs:

G_M_C
08-26-2004, 02:53 PM
When I look at the use-movent page i notice Morgoth of team "teamdot" hopping to "teamdot2" at least 10 times in a row.

This seems to be unlikely to be correct.

pfb
08-26-2004, 03:19 PM
When I look at the use-movent page i notice Morgoth of team "teamdot" hopping to "teamdot2" at least 10 times in a row.

This seems to be unlikely to be correct.

That's an issue with the stats I get from DF - I've posted about it but haven't had much feedback.

Basically, it seems that when a user moves there is occasionally a chance that they will still be reported as being part of the old team (i.e. show up twice over 2 different teams) as they are not flushed from the old team for a few updates. Luckily this doesn't happen with every movement - only those teams who may not be producing much (if anything at all)...

The user 'Morgoth' appears in both the team's stats since he moved on the 03 update - hopefully the stats will flush soon and I'll manually remove all bar the first movement...the actual movement seems to be :

morgoth teamdot teamdot2 at 03
morgoth teamdot2 teamdot at 05

G_M_C
08-26-2004, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by pfb
That's an issue with the stats I get from DF - I've posted about it but haven't had much feedback.

Basically, it seems that when a user moves there is occasionally a chance that they will still be reported as being part of the old team (i.e. show up twice over 2 different teams) as they are not flushed from the old team for a few updates. Luckily this doesn't happen with every movement - only those teams who may not be producing much (if anything at all)...

The user 'Morgoth' appears in both the team's stats since he moved on the 03 update - hopefully the stats will flush soon and I'll manually remove all bar the first movement...the actual movement seems to be :

morgoth teamdot teamdot2 at 03
morgoth teamdot2 teamdot at 05

Sorry if i pose so many questions, but i am starting to look at your stats more and more, because it's a very good source of information.

And at this point the stats could (imo) go to version 0.9; that is not beta anymore; they're too good to be considered as beta.

:thumbs:

pfb
08-26-2004, 08:14 PM
Sorry if i pose so many questions, but i am starting to look at your stats more and more, because it's a very good source of information.

And at this point the stats could (imo) go to version 0.9; that is not beta anymore; they're too good to be considered as beta.

:thumbs:

questions are good :)

still got more things to do - the processing of Teamless Users with a UID of 0 is the main change I am still monitoring (as are a few other back end changes)...next big thing to add is search functionality...

Rodzilla
08-26-2004, 08:16 PM
I love your site... he he he I prob spend hours on it (Yes I'm a folding freak)

So I hate to say it's missing something....

But it would be GREAT to be able to compare the hourly and weekly graphs of diff teams... like you can with users on your team.

I would use that a lot to rally the troops!

pfb
08-26-2004, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by Rodzilla
I love your site... he he he I prob spend hours on it (Yes I'm a folding freak)

So I hate to say it's missing something....

But it would be GREAT to be able to compare the hourly and weekly graphs of diff teams... like you can with users on your team.

I would use that a lot to rally the troops!

cross-team comparing is possible - just not easily done via the stats front end:

for example:

http://wibble.bounceme.net/Sneakers/graph_base.php?period=t_daily&max_UID=2&TID1=2908&UID1=4294967295&TID2=2691&UID2=4294967295

bit complicated to do manually but can be done - if you look at the URL of that graph, change the following parameters:

period=t_daily or t_weekly (t_daily is past 24 hours, t_weekly is past 7 days)

max_UID is the number of users/teams to compare

TID[x] = this is 1 to max_UID, each one being the team ID to compare

UID[x] = the UID to compare, for teams use 4294967295

Rodzilla
08-26-2004, 08:31 PM
Thanks!!:cheers: :cheers:

Can you add that to the active teams page? That would be sweet!!

PS2pcGAMER
08-28-2004, 03:21 AM
Originally posted by pfb
cross-team comparing is possible - just not easily done via the stats front end:

for example:

bit complicated to do manually but can be done - if you look at the URL of that graph, change the following parameters:

period=t_daily or t_weekly (t_daily is past 24 hours, t_weekly is past 7 days)

max_UID is the number of users/teams to compare

TID[x] = this is 1 to max_UID, each one being the team ID to compare

UID[x] = the UID to compare, for teams use 4294967295

Thanks for the info, I can compare teams now. :elephant: :elephant: :elephant:

Rodzilla
08-28-2004, 05:59 AM
I seen that you changed the color of the daily production to springgreen... Kinda hard to read. Maybe I need to OC more!:cheers:

EDIT
Now hotpink! Nice!

pfb
08-28-2004, 06:01 AM
I seen that you changed the color of the daily production to springgreen... Kinda hard to read. Maybe I need to OC more!:cheers:

you caught me tinkering with that colour rank - after some feedback that the original green was too dark just trying some different colours...btw, it's now hot pink so definately an incentive to get over 1 million a day now :p

Rodzilla
08-28-2004, 06:04 AM
He he he!

See how many comments you get on that one! lol

pfb
09-02-2004, 09:23 PM
I'm not going to do anything more with the stats - once DF is closed I'll freeze the updates and prob leave the stats for viewing...when DF comes back I'll revive the stats (unless there are big changes to 3rd party stats access)...

dfTag will be shut down as well so any sigs using it won't work...

pfb
09-03-2004, 05:49 PM
as my team is moving to F@H, I've been looking at their output for 3rd party stats...might be able to tweak the DF stats platform to F@H so for those doing F@H keep an eye out :)

Rodzilla
09-03-2004, 07:10 PM
Looks like our team is leaning that way as well. I really hope you can pull that off!!!

pfb
09-04-2004, 06:01 PM
Looks like our team is leaning that way as well. I really hope you can pull that off!!!

well, it took around 3 hours to get the basics done - there's an announcement on the news page on the DF stats regarding the F@H stats...

Rodzilla
09-04-2004, 06:23 PM
Thanks for the heads up!!!! There is also new news on Blueprint about buffers...

I like the look!

You have done it again!!!!!!!! :cheers: :cheers:

tpdooley
09-06-2004, 02:30 AM
Either the stats have been corrupted by your work on the F@H stats pages; or our DF stats tarballs are now corrupted - as most of the folks on the top 50 are gone, and replaced by folks much further down the chart.

I still show up as position #33 on blueprint; but haven't checked on other sites to verify problems with the stats tarballs..

(Not that it matters - I'd only be 24k exp from where I was at the last update.. :)

pfb
09-06-2004, 07:19 AM
not sure what's happenig with it atm - I'll have a look sometime today...

tbh- not really keeping an eye on it as I've stopped DF...

pfb
09-06-2004, 07:48 AM
seems ok now - looks like a few updates there was either missing files in the tarball (which has happened before) or the code died for some reason...

the 0700 GMT+1 update never happened either...

jonnyw
09-08-2004, 03:55 PM
your stats have gone a bit wonky again mate

(Although I shouldn't really be complaining, they're showing me in 149th Palce) :D

pfb
09-08-2004, 04:01 PM
I know - it's me playing with the F@H stats which doesn't leave much processing power for the DF ones - next update should return to normal...

PS2pcGAMER
09-08-2004, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by pfb
I know - it's me playing with the F@H stats which doesn't leave much processing power for the DF ones - next update should return to normal...

Thanks for the update. :cheers:

Ned
09-21-2004, 09:23 AM
Let me say thanks for keeping all of us informed of our progress in a very "Business Intelligent" sort of way. Its great to see the progress of ourselves, our teamates, and our team's competition in a very professional manner. I take it that you do this as a profession (or you could be that's for sure...). Again, thanks for your time and effort for adding this demension to the DF project.

Ned :cool:

jonnyw
09-21-2004, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by Ned
Let me say thanks for keeping all of us informed of our progress in a very "Business Intelligent" sort of way. Its great to see the progress of ourselves, our teamates, and our team's competition in a very professional manner. I take it that you do this as a profession (or you could be that's for sure...). Again, thanks for your time and effort for adding this demension to the DF project.

Ned :cool:

agreed, without 3rd party stats, I believe folding would be much less of an addictive experience...

...wait, is that really a good thing :rotfl:

Anyway, thanks for all your work mate, and for helping me with the development of my 3rd party stats (which never got released because of lack of time with my new job).

Funnily enough, my stats machine has been collecting df data every 2 hours for the past 60 days, and is still working now.

Cheers again pfb :notworthy :elephant: :drums: :thumbs:

pfb
09-21-2004, 10:01 AM
Cheers for the feedback :)

Ned - you're right, I do work with data in my job (both processing and reporting) so it was fairly easy to use the methods I use with the stats (both DF and F@H which are currently being worked on)...

G_M_C
09-27-2004, 03:41 AM
Originally posted by pfb
Cheers for the feedback :)

Ned - you're right, I do work with data in my job (both processing and reporting) so it was fairly easy to use the methods I use with the stats (both DF and F@H which are currently being worked on)...

That's very good news to me, i've been checking you stats-pages more and more, and find them great. And if you create one for F@H . . . . that would be super.

<Ren&Stimpy mode> Happy . . Happy . . Joy . . . Joy </Ren&Stimpy mode>

Rodzilla
09-29-2004, 12:17 AM
@ pfb

Stats dead???

I really hope you keep them around for a while...

pfb
09-30-2004, 07:16 AM
@ pfb

Stats dead???

I really hope you keep them around for a while...

no - my connection was dead :(

should up and running now - might be a bit screwy for an update or 2 though...

HaloJones
09-30-2004, 01:32 PM
:notworthy

I was having withdrawal symptoms :shudder:

Rodzilla
09-30-2004, 02:10 PM
I had to go back on my meds... Having no stats was driving me nuts!!!:bonk:

pfb
10-02-2004, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by pfb
I'm not going to do anything more with the stats - once DF is closed I'll freeze the updates and prob leave the stats for viewing...when DF comes back I'll revive the stats (unless there are big changes to 3rd party stats access)...

dfTag will be shut down as well so any sigs using it won't work...

Just to confirm:

dfTag will die after the last update I receive (will show a message rather than the stats)

the stats will be around to view for 1 week after the end of DF

I'll archive the stats I have after the week is up (I'll also archive the Phase 1+2 stats system which no-one saw but was based on the same system)

Hopefully when/if DF returns I will with my stats (unless 1) my team stays with the new project and 2) someone else produces a better stats platform)

at some point I will release details of how the system works - at the moment, DF is taking 128MB to store the 1,248 teams/9,444 users; F@H is taking 118MB to store the 11,692 teams/379,560 users (no conquest data though)...personally, I am proud that the system I evolved was able to provide such stats using so little data storage. I'm not sure what Dyyrath (or however he spells his handle), Statsman and others used/are using in terms of storage, but the one of the goals when I started to the stats was to ensure it used as little space as possilbe and was quick on a home connection (~28Kb up)...

The past 2 years DF'ing has had it's up and downs - and a few lessons learned along the way have helped me in what I do as well. I hope that people have enjoyed using the stats, and to a lesser extent DFMon, as I have enjoyed the myriad utils and stats offered by others. Also, thanks to those who helped tweak both DFMon and the Sneakers DF stats along the way.

Hopefully the DF team returns with a system that has learnt from both Phase 1 and 2...here's to Howard, Elena and Chris (and the others we never heard from) and hope that mighty oaks grow from the acorns planted :thumbs: :cheers:

Rodzilla
10-02-2004, 11:39 PM
DF wouldn't have been half as fun if it weren't for your stats!!! I honestly believe that!

Your DF Mon is wonderful too!!!!
Just today I made it to where it would publish my farm status at home to the web! All thanks to your tool! ;)

http://srodman.home.mchsi.com/DFmon/DFRigs.html

(Will you be making a dfMon clone for F@H. It looks like XtremeSystems is going to F@H??)

pfb
10-13-2004, 08:55 PM
DFTag will no longer be active from 1200 GMT, Saturday 16th October...

Rodzilla
10-13-2004, 08:58 PM
Thanks for all your hard work!!!! :cheers:

pfb
10-17-2004, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by pfb
at some point I will release details of how the system works - at the moment, DF is taking 128MB to store the 1,248 teams/9,444 users; F@H is taking 118MB to store the 11,692 teams/379,560 users (no conquest data though)...personally, I am proud that the system I evolved was able to provide such stats using so little data storage. I'm not sure what Dyyrath (or however he spells his handle), Statsman and others used/are using in terms of storage, but the one of the goals when I started to the stats was to ensure it used as little space as possilbe and was quick on a home connection (~28Kb up)...

I'm starting to post info about the DF stats system on the Sneakers forum (http://s2.excoboard.com/exco/index.php?boardid=8661) (you'll need to be registered to view the DF stats bit) - hopefully this will be of interest to someone out there...