PDA

View Full Version : Enhanced Stats Features

prokaryote
04-01-2004, 05:09 PM
Hi Miguel,

Love the added features and hyperlinks that you've incorporated into the stats! Thanks! :) :|party|:

prok

michaelgarvie
04-02-2004, 10:12 AM
I you only new what I had planned. I designed a whole load of graphs for the stats of yearly, monthly and daily ongoing effort rate per client and team, etc.. Pie charts for total contributions... Everything planned, I learnt how to use JPGraph but then found out that the department webserver doesn't support PNG generated from PHP.. nO!!!

Does anyone know of another graph generator for PHP scripts?

Oh and what logo would you like for the Free-DC team?

willy1
04-02-2004, 04:53 PM
I'm not sure I can answer the logo question for the team.

But - I do have another question.

Looking at the current stats - The Daily Rankings - for the current day April 2, my island (willy1) is listed at or right near the top in the 'Most Powerful' listing, but clicking on the island name brings up the island page and the Island Current State shows "Island not currently active." and doesn't show the position in the matrix (0,1) even though it is producing and apparently contacting the server periodically.

This problem started yesterday I think.

Thanks in advance for looking into this.

willy1

michaelgarvie
04-07-2004, 05:18 AM
Is this still happening? I'm checking it now and it seems to work OK.

rshepard
04-07-2004, 08:53 AM
I am seeing the same problem as willy1 this morning. Numbers are accumulating, but the island shows as inactive.

michaelgarvie
04-07-2004, 09:10 AM
Was happening with all islands with x coord = 0 :bang:

Now fixed.

DrkNexus
05-07-2004, 12:05 AM
Stats really aren't all that important to me, and I figured it out and all - but I thought I might point it out before 'name space' becomes more of an issue. I selected the Team Name "Dragon" (case sensitive). Because I've been a good boy lately, as long as I get there earlier enough in the day before my team gets slaughtered by the others I can click easily enough through to
http://www.cogs.susx.ac.uk/users/mmg20/dhe/statsTeam.php?team_id=189 then there is an option to see how I'm doing against others, i.e. Most Work, Most Loyal, Fastest, and Most Knack. I click on it, because after all I want to get the gold watch when I retire. I get re-directed to various itterations of "arrow=1#Dragon" in HTML, which is This Island - "DRAGON" (http://www.cogs.susx.ac.uk/users/mmg20/dhe/statsIsland.php?island_id=292) and not my team "Dragon". I guess I should have looked around at existing people's names were instead of just team names - but I didn't know it would be an issue.

michaelgarvie
05-07-2004, 05:07 AM
Aha! Have we found a case in which Mozilla is better than IE? It works fine on my browser.
But anyway I'll add this on the todo list so that the anchor is "Team%20Name" if spaces are allowed in anchors or Island%20Name, to differentiate between the two.

Cheers,:thumbs:

pfb
05-07-2004, 06:27 AM
Originally posted by miguelgarvie
I you only new what I had planned. I designed a whole load of graphs for the stats of yearly, monthly and daily ongoing effort rate per client and team, etc.. Pie charts for total contributions... Everything planned, I learnt how to use JPGraph but then found out that the department webserver doesn't support PNG generated from PHP.. nO!!!

Does anyone know of another graph generator for PHP scripts?

JPGraph does PNG, JPEG and GIF - can you not use JPEG or GIF instead? If not, Chart Director (http://www.advsofteng.com/download.html) does PNG, JPEG, BMP, WBMP and GIF...