PDA

View Full Version : Bloody Microsoft

Fozzie
04-10-2004, 10:12 AM
I found a couple of P4s right to the end of last week with 4000 - 5000 gens on them. OK so I zipped them up and transported them home to upload, thinking they would last me until this protein is over and done with.

I try to unzip them and XP says that I set a password, yeah right the hell I did.

So I think XPs unzip tool is shafted due to the size of the zip file 13500 files. So I download PKZIP and have another go, same thing.

I try all sorts of things and it turns out it's Window$ not allowing a directory to hold that much data, strange seeing I zipped a single folder to do it.

So i unzip to 2 separate folders, but still can't combine the contents. So I leave off 7 generations and it starts running, hopw I can reimport those gens after it has uploaded enough.

wirthi
04-10-2004, 11:12 AM
Hmm .. what is the actual problem? That one single folder may not hold so many files?

I'm not familiar with the current buffer system of DF, but are you not able to split up the files into groups, generate a valid filelist.txt for them (=copy the corresponding lines from the original filelist.txt), extract only those files and upload them?

Welnic
04-10-2004, 08:35 PM
You can't change the filelist.txt anymore, it has a key on the end of it. If you try you get a message saying that it has been tampered with.

Seems like it should run until it can't find those files, then complain and stop. Then you should be able to replace those files and finish up.

wirthi
04-11-2004, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by Welnic
You can't change the filelist.txt anymore, it has a key on the end of it. If you try you get a message saying that it has been tampered with.Uh, that's bad. The good old times ....