PDA

View Full Version : Handle isn't recognized

David Lampman
04-11-2002, 08:10 PM
The handle given isn't recognized as one so I cannot fire the dc client up. I have checked and double-checked the handle a number of times so I know it is the one given.

KWSN_Millennium2001Guy
04-11-2002, 09:08 PM
Is this the first time that you have tried to run the client? Are you behind a firewall? DF has very good proxy support if you are, but you need to include a proxy.cfg file with the appropriate information in it. Please read the readme file for instructions.

Ni! :D

David Lampman
04-11-2002, 09:41 PM
I am installing the client on my roommate's computer (yes, he wants it installed) so this isn't the first time I've installed the client. My and his computer are on the same hub. Both have firewalls, but different ones. How do I know if his is on a proxy server?

KWSN_Millennium2001Guy
04-11-2002, 10:22 PM
You can check his internet connection properties to see if a proxy server has been set there. His firewall software might be a problem. You may need to configure the firewall software to allow the foldtrajlite.exe to connect to the internet. Can you figure out which firewall he is using? I have used Norton's Internet Security firewall and the first time foldtrajlite.exe tried to connect the software asked me if I wanted to allow it to connect to the internet. I said yes and it has been working ever since.

Ni! :)

David Lampman
04-11-2002, 11:08 PM
Just tried copying and pasting the handle in. Turns out l's and 1's are extremely similar in the font used. It's working now. Thanks for your help.

KWSN_Millennium2001Guy
04-11-2002, 11:48 PM
:D I was happy to lead you in a totally incorrect direction. Turns out the error message was exactly correct! ;) :D :cheers:

Ni!