PDA

View Full Version : Welcome Back to magnav0x and ECL

Jkusuda
04-24-2004, 12:22 PM
Welcome back to crunching UD. Just noticed that you guys started crunching again. That makes it the 6 of us. :rotfl:

ECL
04-24-2004, 03:31 PM
Six simultaneous crunchers would be something of an all-time high for our team on this project, but I welcome any effort to salvage us from the limbo we've been in.

My contributions are sporadic but I could be convinced to do better if there's going to be a real team effort on this project. With a little effort, I could dial up from "unbelievably pathetic" to "sad and anemic," provided I still have time to skulk around our other low-participation projects like Zetagrid and GIMPS.

Jkusuda
04-24-2004, 07:40 PM
ECL,

Team production has been consistently much higher. We've moved up 100+ places since I've come aboard. I think with some continued patience and persistence we'd have more team members come over as long as we keep progressing. I'm planning on keeping all my crunchers on UD indefinitely at this point.

Hope you can keep crunching with us,

James

magnav0x
04-25-2004, 03:43 AM
I have one box that will be mostly 24/7 maybe a tad less. The other is a work box. You can expect at least 5 hours a day Mon-Thurs from it. I'll work on getting some more support for this project in the near future. I figured as long as we had someone serious about the project I should help a bit. If they had a linux client I'd put more on it.

Jkusuda
04-25-2004, 04:14 PM
Any contribution you make is greatly appreciated!!

I took a look at the list of top 1000 teams and our production now should enable us to rise pretty far. I really think this is a worthwhile cause and have lost a couple of grandparents to cancer so this project hits really close to home. The stats are a nice way to just keep my interest up in the project along the way.

magnav0x
04-26-2004, 02:58 PM
IronBits added Grid.org to the supercomputer database. Be sure to update your boxen Jkusuda :D

IronBits
04-26-2004, 03:27 PM
:Pokes: Jkusuda :rotfl: :thumbs: to Magnav0x :D
/me looks over at hocrof1, PY 222, guru :haddock: :whistle:

Jkusuda
04-26-2004, 05:22 PM
Being a junior member here, what exactly does that mean? I take it his production is going to jump way up?

If so, :cheers:

IronBits
04-26-2004, 06:13 PM
It means you need to update your boxen on the Free-DC Super Computer to keep it acurate.
http://fdcsc.dbestern.net/
:thumbs: