PDA

View Full Version : Problems setting user options with FireFox

pfb
04-25-2004, 08:08 PM
Been trying to change some options (specifically email when PM'ed) and use FireFox on my PCs...but when I click submit I get a page of PHP code rather than the settings save...

Even using IE does the some thing - just brings up PHP code rather than do anything useful...:confused:

/edit - see http://wibble.bounceme.net/misc/freedc_php_prob.png for a screenshot with IE...

magnav0x
04-25-2004, 08:16 PM
Seems to me that php3 isn't set in the apache conf file to execute with PHP exec :confused:

pfb
04-25-2004, 08:20 PM
That looks like it - clicking on the 'Free-DC forums' at the top of the options takes me to PHP3 page and a 'Not Found - The requested URL /forum/index.php3 was not found on this server.' message...

Seems to only affect the Options page under User CP...

magnav0x
04-25-2004, 08:32 PM
Interestingly enough all the links are fine for me. Are you sure you aren't pulling a cached copy up?

Bok
04-25-2004, 08:33 PM
I'm not sure exactly where you are getting this?

However I've added code into the apache conf to redirect php3 (I think). Without being able to test it I can't be sure.

Bok

pfb
04-25-2004, 08:35 PM
works fine now - it was when I went User CP -> Options then either clicked 'Submit Modifications' or the 'Free-DC Forums' link at the top - both returned a PHP3 file which in IE and FireFox just showed as text - but now they don't...

Magnavox - maybe Bok changed it just before you checked? Who knows....it's now fixed :)

IronBits
04-25-2004, 08:37 PM
Any time you click on a link that takes you to the old forum php3 ext,
just edit that link in your browser to remove the 3 and hit enter.

Should work fine, but of course, we want to know what that link was so we can edit it :p :)

Bok
04-25-2004, 08:38 PM
Strange, I tried exactly that before I made a modification to apache.conf. Tried under Firefox on XP and Gentoo and they both worked.

Oh well, at least I fixed it anyway :crazy:

Bok