PDA

View Full Version : HURRY!!! Cheap, Cheap, Cheap Kingston Memory!!!

offamychain
04-28-2004, 01:58 AM
Went to LittLe Rock's Circuit City yesterday. Even though I didn't really need it, I couldn't pass up the deal they got on RAM.(More Memory Is Good!!

Up to, & including, MAY 1st, you can get a 512Meg stick of Kingston ValueRam-PC2700(DDR333) Non-ECC, for $89.99 + tax. My total was $97.00.

BUT, you also get TWO $20 MIR's, 1 from C.C. & 1 from Kingston. Ram must be purchased NLT May 1st, but you have till May 26th to get the envelopes postmarked.

That's a $40 rebate---You do the math---however you figure it, that's cheap for 512's.

I'm not sure if EVERY C.C. is offering this, but I bet they are. Also, your initial $90 price may be different.

magnav0x
04-28-2004, 02:11 AM
Hrm interesting. You guys don'g have a Fry's Electronics around do you? 512MB of DDR ram has was going for $70 there normal price about a year ago. I imagine by now you can get it for about $50 (in store price).

magicfan241
04-28-2004, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by magnav0x
Hrm interesting. You guys don'g have a Fry's Electronics around do you? 512MB of DDR ram has was going for $70 there normal price about a year ago. I imagine by now you can get it for about $50 (in store price).

You people have computer stoes near where you live?

The closest CmpUSA is 25 miles away, the closest C.C. & BestBuy is 15 miles away.

It's cheaper for me to buy everything off the internet, plus Route 202 is awful anytime (takes me 1+ hours to get to CompUSA), even the cases!

magicfan241

FoBoT
04-28-2004, 05:39 PM
RAM prices have been going up lately (last few months), this is a good price AR if you do rebates

RAM is significantly more expensive today than a year ago

magnav0x
04-28-2004, 05:50 PM
Just asked my friend who upgraded his machine early March and he said he got his 512 stick for about $50 at Fry's.

p.s. No I don't have a good computer store near me. I have to drive about 30-40 miles to get to Fry's Electronics. I won't bother stepping foot in a CompUSA or equivilant store. It's either Fry's or Newegg.com :D

JTrinkle
04-28-2004, 09:29 PM
I always go here (http://www.salescircular.com) to check out what local stores (BB, OD, CC, Staples, CompUSA) have on sale (and which is the cheapest).

-JT

Paratima
04-28-2004, 09:41 PM
Neat site! Thanks for that tip, JT. :D

offamychain
05-05-2004, 03:30 PM
Most of my stuff comes from the internet also. However, I go to the VA hospital in Little Rock about once a month, & they have several large stores there. I have not found good deals in any except Circuit City & especially Staples.

Take a look at this site. I do 90% of my computer shopping here. It's not as pretty as NewEgg, but they have GREAT prices & low shipping. I have ordered around 6 MOBOs, 2 or 3 CPUs, & a couple cases from them with ZERO problems. They ship within a couple days also.

The memory isn't usually any cheaper, CPU's are about average, everything else is CHEAP. Especially check the "BLOWOUT" pages. I recently bought a HUGE 7-bay Tower from them for $10 + $9.90 Shipping.

www.dumpinggoods.com