i don't think it is a firewall issue :dunno:

FoBoT
05-05-2004, 10:56 PM
i still can't register this pc

is this project dead?

Buhler? :scratch:

Paratima
05-05-2004, 11:04 PM
A few of us are still running it. I've currently got one box 2/3 way through phase 2 of 3. I'm no expert, but what is it doing or not doing?

FoBoT
05-06-2004, 09:38 AM
i can't register , when you install to a new pc, you have to register to get work to start crunching, it says it can't get to the server.

there is also a "test connection" button, i hit that, and it says it can't reach a server

this in on a Windows XP PC connecting directly to the internet with dial up modem

although i might have the ICF turned on, since the connection is initiated from my box, that shouldn't stop it, but you never know, i'll try turning that off

Fritz
05-06-2004, 10:46 AM
Fobot,

I have a few systems running, and I just checked that they are communicating to the server. I have the Windows ICF turned off on the crunchers, but they do connect through a Linksys router. I also just upgraded from 2.23 to 2.28 on one of the systems and there was no problem reconnecting.

I have had exactly the problem you mentioned before twice...once when the server was down, and once when I implemented a Microsoft patch to Windows that blocked server-client communications. It took a few days for the CPDN folks to come up with a work around, and, as I recall, they did so by bringing out 2.28.

Fritz

FoBoT
05-06-2004, 12:04 PM
thanks fritz :)
sounds like a firewall problem, i'll turn off ICF and try it again