PDA

View Full Version : upload list tampered with error

QIbHom
04-28-2004, 10:50 PM
This probably belongs in the official forum, but things are so nasty over there, I'm leery of posting there.

I came home to this error on one of my boxes:

[foldtrajlite] FATAL ERROR: [000.000] Upload list has been tampered with, please delete filelist.txt and try again

Now, I've got over 500 gens on that box. purgeuploadlist no longer works - just gives the same error. Obviously, I'd hate to loose that much work.

I'm downloading df to another dir, and will restart it there, from scratch. Does anyone have any ideas of how to save the work?

I had a network outage. When I got my network interface back up, this started. Before it in the error.log are just a ton of connect errors.

PCZ
04-28-2004, 11:26 PM
QibHom
Sorry I believe that error is fatal.

You could waste time trying to fix it but it would be better to just delete filelist.txt

I usually get that error when I restart the DF client on a PC which has suffered a power outage.

QIbHom
04-28-2004, 11:35 PM
Bummer. That was a lot of work. No power outage, just a network outage.

<vent> Blast it all, I'm a slow and steady crunch who doesn't hop projects, and believe I'll slowly move up, mostly, if I just stick with df, but this is getting very frustrating. I have thousands of gens on 7 boxes just sitting around. I've reinstalled, purged, dealt with nonetting, and generally just sucked it up when something went south, and I lost work. I left seti because they were tossing wus. Now I'm the one doing the tossing, and it is starting to get to me </vent>

Sorry about that. Time to suck it up, delete the dir, and soldier on.

Thanks for the answer, PCZ.

magnav0x
04-28-2004, 11:53 PM
I stopped crunching DF, because every time I tryed to upload it would say "Missing previous generation" and I got sick of having to reinstall DF every day on all my boxes. This project sure has changed a lot......errr maybe it hasn't