PDA

View Full Version : Server Busy -- block added to submit ...

whilden@ars
04-30-2004, 10:47 AM
Okay so we get some pimpage for our Ars-SOB team, and everyone is having issues connecting to the server and many cant even get there initial block.

Is this issue being looked into? Its been very very bad these past few days.

:cheers: Crunch on

Alien88
04-30-2004, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by whilden@ars
Okay so we get some pimpage for our Ars-SOB team, and everyone is having issues connecting to the server and many cant even get there initial block.

Is this issue being looked into? Its been very very bad these past few days.

:cheers: Crunch on

We know its an issue and has been somewhat bad these past few days. We are planning on moving to a new server which will be able to handle the load a heck of a lot better, but we just haven't had time to do the move. Things on the server look fine right now, so when it's happening either the box is under a lot of load from the website or too many people are submitting progress reprots or getting new blocks.

whilden@ars
04-30-2004, 11:16 AM
thanks for the quick reponse, yes the server does seem to be working well right now.

In a related topic, I have never been able to load the Ars Technica team page at the official site, just sits there for minutes and times out. It seems the larger the team the more likely the page wont load.

Jammy
04-30-2004, 11:39 AM
The past three days I have been unable to connect to the sb server(s) with my T-Bird, and two AXP boxes. All that had been able to connect was my XP 2500-m laptop.

This morning I was also able to connect with my XP 3000 but the XP 2600 and T-Bird still will not connect.

And I too have a long, LONG wait when trying to view the Ars Technica team page at http://www.seventeenorbust.com

Jammy :confused:

EDIT: Now my XP 2500-m will not connect nor my XP 3000!

nihil
05-01-2004, 01:53 AM
I can't connect... it keeps giving me server busy.... But I'm afraid it can be my lame firewall (I'm on a NAT LAN, and I can't set the firewall properties). I tried the sbp with port 80, but received the same message. On the other hand, I can't traceroute to sb nor to sbp.... are that server problems or here?

_____________________________________-

EDIT: Recent info: I restarted the client, and now it works well...