PDA

View Full Version : Eon Project Update and News

Bok
05-10-2004, 11:59 PM
The project admin is currently in the process of moving to a new job in Austin,TX at the University of Texas (congrats Graeme!! :elephant: )

In the coming months, the Eon server will be relocated from it's current residence in Seattle to the university. At the same time it will probably be upgraded to a dual opteron setup. The additional CPU power plus a GigaBit connection will potentially help greatly to reduce both downtime and netSend errors.

The project itself will start to be used more heavily in research and in the midst of this there will be fixes made for various problems.

The project uses the

Mithral/Cosm (http://www.mithral.com/projects/cosm/) setup for the client/server pieces. It is potentially within this that the proxy support is broken. The source code is available if anyone is a good C coder :)

Can anyone check to see if proxy support works under linux? It would need to be from a machine that does not have access to the outside world other than the proxy to prove it was all going through the proxy.

Bok

willy1
05-11-2004, 08:05 PM
Who's watching the server while he's in the U-Haul?

Paratima
05-11-2004, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by Bok
Can anyone check to see if proxy support works under linux? It would need to be from a machine that does not have access to the outside world other than the proxy to prove it was all going through the proxy. I will test this tomorrow (Wednesday).

Bok
05-11-2004, 10:41 PM
Thanks Paratima

:thumbs:

Bok

Brucifer
05-12-2004, 03:38 PM
That's really good news Bok for the future of the project. I also hope that Graeme has more time to pursue his interest in this project than he did with the previous job.

It's a credit to Graeme that he was able to keep things going as well as he has since he left UW and moved to the DOE site. Evidently he received a better offer from his new employer! I wish him all the best! :)

magnav0x
05-12-2004, 03:46 PM
I'm good at breaking stable C code if that helps :D