PDA

View Full Version : 1984 george orwell

GHOST
05-19-2004, 03:46 AM
it is here! i see it so much! Double talk, double talk - Too much talk - Talk that trash

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/05/19/politics/campaign/19GRAN.html?hp
this just set me off.

Talk, it's only talk
Arguments, agreements, advice, answers,
ARTICULATE ANNOUNCEMENTS [not from W's mouth]
It's only talk

Talk, it's only talk
Babble, burble, banter, bicker bicker bicker
Brouhaha, balderdash, ballyhoo
It's only talk
Back talk

Talk talk talk, it's only talk
Comments, cliches, commentary, controversy
Chatter, chit-chat, chit-chat, chit-chat,
Conversation, contradiction, criticism
It's only talk
Cheap talk

Talk, talk, it's only talk
Debates, discussions
These are words with a D this time
Dialogue, dualogue, diatribe,
Dissention, declamation
Double talk, double talk

Talk, talk, it's all talk
Too much talk
Small talk
Talk that trash
Expressions, editorials, expugnations, exclamations, enfadulations
It's all talk
Elephant talk, elephant talk, elephant talk

lyrics - king crimson
http://www.guardian.co.uk/comment/story/0,3604,921192,00.html
http://www.felbers.net/mt/

i heard rumsfeld say the other day that it was up to each country to interpret the geneva convention. :flame:

just searched for the quote but could not find it. best i could come up with is felbers.net

again i do not have a link but read the other day where political? 'manipulators' were using mri research to investigate ad campaigns. how to make the best campaign ad. it seems they may inflame us but cannot change our minds. at some point of our development we lock in to one point of view or another.

regarding the denial of blame from this admin- i worked on black programs and know it is ALL ABOUT DENIABILITY. at the time i worked in such programs it was mostly about saving time, money, and avoiding embarassing situations. today it is about avoiding war crime tribunals.

I MIGHT have a little respect for these people if they took some responsibilty for their actions.

i.e. the buck stops here. BUT NO! IT IS JUST THE $$$BUCK$$$ IS DEPOSITED HERE!

and-

but can we justify
prosecuting the infantryman who shoots child, while giving
medals to the pilots who bomb them?

and- history repeats itself, from wikipedia

Initial investigations of My Lai were undertaken by the 11th Brigade's CO, Col Oran Henderson, under orders from Americal's Ass't CO, BG Young.

Six months later a young soldier of the 11th Light Infantry (The Butcher's Brigade) named Tom Glen, wrote a letter accusing the Americal division (and other entire units of the US military, not just individuals) of routine brutality against Vietnamese civilians; the letter was detailed, its allegations horrifying, and its contents echoed complaints received from other soldiers. Colin Powell, then a young US Army Major, was charged with investigating the massacre. Powell wrote: "In direct refutation of this portrayal is the fact that relations between American soldiers and the Vietnamese people are excellent." Later, Powell's refutation would be called an act of "white-washing" the news of the Massacre, and questions would continue to remain undisclosed to the public.

Independent investigative journalist Seymour Hersh broke the My Lai story on November 12, 1969 and on November 20 The Plain Dealer (Cleveland) published explicit photographs of dead villagers killed at My Lai. The carnage at My Lai would have gone unknown in history if not for another soldier who, independent of Glen, sent a letter to his Congressman

:blush: i do not have many places to :rant:

i love to argue, reply if you feel the need