PDA

View Full Version : New thermometer please

Scott Jensen
04-16-2002, 04:19 PM
First off, yes, I know it is purely cosmetic. Having said that...

I do enjoy seeing how far we have come on the thermometer. Now that we're crunching 10 billion units, could we get a longer thermometer with it divided by a hundred marks instead of ten?

dnar
04-16-2002, 08:41 PM
I would actually like to see a countdown to the protien changeover shown as well. (Days:Hours:Minutes). This shouldnt be too hard to do, using the ROC (rate of change) in submitted structures.

[DPC]Mobster
04-18-2002, 09:50 AM
Countdown? That would be most excellent :thumbs:

I just trashed 150k structures because my dial-up system at home couldn't flush the results. Work sucks :mad:

ScottMo
04-18-2002, 08:30 PM
Check out Team Endeavor's forum at DSL Reports. We have sorta a countdown timer.

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/dist

Its at the top of the page, marked "TEN" (stands for Team ENdeavor)

Nofinger
04-18-2002, 08:32 PM
I support both ideas for changing the thermometer :)

:offtopic: Btw nice to see you here Dnar :D

Scott Jensen
04-18-2002, 08:37 PM
ScottMo,

I couldn't find the countdown clock on your site.

ScottMo
04-19-2002, 07:06 AM
Here's what it looks like. When the project hits 85% done, the timer adds "Cache warning" and when the project hits 95% the timer adds "Changeover Warning"

TEN member Starfish coded it. He also posts in this forum if you have any questions about it.

Its certainly not earth-shattering - it doesn't predict when the current protien will end or give a per day completion percentage or cram a lot of stats in - but its nice to know what we've done and how much is left.