PDA

View Full Version : What's yer best?

Paratima
06-20-2004, 01:31 PM
Friday I was impressed when my main Winders box at work cranked out 704 hits out of a set of molecules in the HIV series. Now I notice that a Linux box here at home cranked out 840 hits on the same HIV query, #1A30-Q2, a protease inhibitor. I think that there is some kind of braggin' rights! :D

What's your best?

Edit: BTW, EvilMoose, I have you now! :p

wirthi
06-20-2004, 01:46 PM
In the Member Room Forum (http://forum.find-a-drug.org.uk/viewforum.php?f=7) of FAD you can find more information about this. I don't know what the official record is but it's definitly higher than 940 hits.

Evilmoose
06-20-2004, 03:29 PM
Edit: BTW, EvilMoose, I have you now!

Ill be back, just tring to run to many projects.
Now go get IB:thumbs:

Paratima
06-20-2004, 05:35 PM
Shhh! Don't summon the demon. ;)

magnav0x
06-20-2004, 06:33 PM
Most hits I've had was in the 200-300 range on Cancer project. I thought HIV was completed already? I've currently switched half my boxen to Methodology because Resp and All but one of the Cancer strings seem to be completing within the next week. I didn't want them to have nothing to crunch. When do they release new variants to analyze?

Paratima
06-20-2004, 09:52 PM
The releases seem to come in waves. A couple of times I thought it was all but dried up, then Boom! Right now they've got, let's see, HIV, 3 cancers, proteome, and 2 methodologies going. They had a big success with HIV just a couple of months ago and must have gotten inspired. The current one is only halfway along.

I just leave my clients available for whatever comes along. :)