View Full Version : xj10bt does 100 million

FoBoT
04-19-2002, 02:31 PM
hey dude, 100 million of anything is pretty cool :smoking:

you da man!!! :notworthy

xj10bt
04-19-2002, 03:54 PM
thankyou, thankyouverymuch.

depressing number of 0 outputs for the team stats though. and since Scoofy12 slacked off it looks like I won't be taking a bath for quite a while :(

FoBoT
04-19-2002, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by xj10bt
since Scoofy12 slacked off
i noticed that too, wonder what up wid dat :confused:

i am so close behind jim , if he farted, i'd breathe it in before i could duck!! :scared:

i just can't quite catch him :cry:

IronBits
04-19-2002, 07:04 PM
:scared:
Great job xj10bt!!! :|party|:

Paratima
04-19-2002, 07:45 PM
Very cool, very cool. :cheers: Way to go!

Um, while we celebrate...
He of whom you spake just scoofied 1.5 million structures in the last 24 hours! I am in awe of you who speak of such in terms of "slacking off". :notworthy

ColinT
04-19-2002, 10:49 PM
Don't worry about Scoofy. I'll take care of HIM :D

Scoofy12
04-20-2002, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by ColinT
Don't worry about Scoofy. I'll take care of HIM :D

ooh my... i take it it's not a bath, either...

the sad fact is, i don't know how much longer i'm gonna get
to keep my lab (mostly because it's not even really mine!)
I had to cut back because running 2 clients on all the machines
was allegedly affecting performance... and people do occasionally use them for things :D turns out that not only that, but the computer science department is thinking about trying to use some of that power to make money, run simulations or some such... I dunno, but odds are by summer i won't have my 25 linux boxen any more... :(
in the mean time i'm looking for another source of GHz now that i'm completely addicted to DC and shooting for the project top 10 :)
maybe it's time to get that processor upgrade i've been wanting...

xj10bt
04-20-2002, 01:26 PM
Sorry to hear that Scoofy. Both the loss of the lab and your addiction. Sometimes I think crack would be cheaper.

And congrats to FoBot, it's time for you to eat some beans! :|party|:

JTrinkle
04-20-2002, 10:40 PM
Fobot: its about time...

I guess I can unleash this new XP1800+ now :D

-Jim

Scoofy12
04-20-2002, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by xj10bt
Sometimes I think crack would be cheaper.

Just out of curiosity, where do you guys's (hrm... thats awkward... but still better than "y'all's"...<shudder>) GHz come from? do you use work computers, own a big farm for nothing but DC, have a lot of willing friends, or what?

IronBits
04-21-2002, 12:16 AM
All my boxen are HOME type, none from work.

FoBoT
04-21-2002, 12:41 AM
i have both, but none of my home boxen are "officially" only for DC, i make up reasons why i "need" them

i have a gateway/router/firewall box that could be/would run fine on a 486 and up to 3-4 months ago WAS a 486dx-4 100mhz pc, but i upgraded it, no "good" reason, except to run DC on it/get higher production :o

i have a couple of servers at home, they don't really server anything at the moment, expect to back up file to, so they could be anything , pentium would do ok, but i have much faster cpu in them so their DC production is higher

i like to reconfigure my pc's so i buy/sell parts on the for sale forum at anandtech, every couple of weeks or so, somebody will dump some decent parts for really cheap, so i snatch them up and upgrade one of the pc's here (me, my wife and two kids, all have our own desktops, and i have 2 :D )

i run a test lab at work, so i have access to about 40 pc's that i do stuff with for work
if i didn't run DC on those work boxen, they would be off/doing nothing about 95% of the day/week/year , so i run DC clients on them to "test" different network configurations and connectivity methods, like satellite, dsl, dialup etc.

in a couple of weeks we are going to test sprint's new wireless modem/ISP stuff as part of their beta testing, so i will run DC clients to genertate network/internet traffic to "simulate" people running real programs/accessing the internet

see? it nearly sounds legitimate, doesn't it? :D

crunch on!!!! :thumbs:

FoBoT
04-21-2002, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by JTrinkle
Fobot: its about time...

I guess I can unleash this new XP1800+ now :D

-Jim

if the sale of this old celeron goes through, i'll be able to get a 1800+ for my main desktop :p

hey, i don't think i will keep it long, if this RC5 gauntlet comes to pass, i'll drop to about half the DF i am doing now and you'll take your spot back
:crazy:

MAD-ness
04-21-2002, 01:29 PM
Impressive.

xj10bt
04-21-2002, 04:47 PM
I have four home machines just for dc, and one dually for general use and dc. And 50 or so work machines of varying speed, some 24/7 and some just during working hours.

I recently had one of the home crunchers die during a power outage, and when I put the cpu in another mb to troubleshoot, it killed that one too. :swear: So I just got in two new mb's and duron 1200's for those. And one of those mb's was DOA. :cry: