PDA

View Full Version : not so secret weapon

GHOST
07-03-2004, 08:55 PM
http://www.interestingprojects.com/needamissile.shtml

http://www.interestingprojects.com/cruisemissile/

i saw one of these engines in popular mechanics in 60s or 70s and had a similar idea. but i never built it. i wanted to launch it towards edwards and watch it get shot down :cool:

one p.m. recommended use; snowblower

ColinT
07-06-2004, 02:49 PM
Snow Melter? Did you see the video? This guy is a typical engineer. Smart guy but has no common sense.

Moogie
07-06-2004, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by ColinT
Snow Melter? Did you see the video? This guy is a typical engineer. Smart guy but has no common sense.

Hey now! That's my father you're talking about. :) (engineer) It's not so much that they don't have common sense per se .... they just need to be pointed in the right direction...especially when it involves finances.

Paratima
07-06-2004, 07:00 PM
Moogie is absolutely correct. Engineers solve problems. They can no more NOT solve problems than an ice-cube maker can decide to change over to producing shoestrings. They seldom, if ever, ask, "Is this the right problem to solve?" or the like. They just do it and they need direction. So says Sr. Systems Engineer Paratima. After 35 years of working with engineers, I know whereof I speak! :p

This poor guy just didn't get the direction he needed, so he went off and did what engineers do. Hardly anything worse (or more dangerous) than an unguided engineer!

Moogie
07-06-2004, 07:19 PM
Hey....they are an intelligent lot. You just need to guide them from time to time, and not limit their creativity...but let's face it, a good idea is not always an economical (or feasible) one...my job, is to let them know that, which is not always fun. :)

Good peeps, those engineers. Even the systems type. :D

Paratima
07-06-2004, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by Moogie
Good peeps, those engineers. Even the systems type. :D Just easily confused & prone to wandering. :bonk:

Moogie
07-06-2004, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by Paratima
Just easily confused & prone to wandering. :bonk:

They pretty much tow the line if you feed. them well. :)

Lots of coffee, snacks...and machines to play with. Pretty much keeps them in order. :)

Darkness Productions
07-07-2004, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by Moogie
.... they just need to be pointed in the right direction...especially when it involves finances.

Or rocket launchers...

Moogie
07-07-2004, 10:03 AM
Only if they are Rocket Scientists. :D