PDA

View Full Version : Plz Join Team Bob

LtZombie
08-04-2004, 10:59 AM
Team Bob is a dutch team. We try to get a higher rankin. Plz Join Team Bob.
Teamname in config of ur client: Teambob
Team ID: 274

Thx Bob

Xaverius
08-04-2004, 01:32 PM
I don't think that this forum is to be used for this kind of unwanted (my opinion) topics...
Ik denk niet echt dat dit de bedoeling is. Misschien iets te fanatiek?

Proud member of the "Dutch Power Cows"!!!

kugano
08-04-2004, 04:30 PM
I personally don't have a problem with it... it's not like the forums are getting overwhelmed with team ads or anything.

LtZombie
08-04-2004, 09:07 PM
Well the more people join in, the better it is for the project. Thats my point of view.

And for u proud member of the Dutch Power Cows, ur team also put an ad on Tweakers.net. I dont think Tweakers.net is also a place to do this...

(De pot verwijt de ketel.... LoL)

Greetings Bob

Bob greetz everybody who wants to join team bob....

Name: Teambob
ID: 274

Sunnyboy
08-05-2004, 02:53 AM
DPC was founded from Tweakers.net, and I believe Tweakers allows 1 DPC ad a month. Which all the project DPC participates in this means one ad for SoB every 2 year or so :rolleyes:

Anyway in my opinion you don't want to see Team ads on a project forum, just like it isn't allowed to do subteam-adds on the DPC forum...

If you want to get more people to SoB, and not just steal members from other teams/get unteamed members, you should not advertise on this forum though, cause I think everybody overhere allready participates in the hunt for the Sierpinski primes :rolleyes:

But good luck with your team :cool:

LtZombie
08-05-2004, 06:08 AM
Omg.. Dont take things to seriously mate. I dont want to steal from other teams. Just when people are new, I hope they join team bob. My first time on SoB started with reading the forum, so thats all there is to it.

Greetings Bob :cheers:

pcdeatherage
08-05-2004, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by LtZombie
Omg.. Dont take things to seriously mate. I dont want to steal from other teams. Just when people are new, I hope they join team bob. My first time on SoB started with reading the forum, so thats all there is to it.

Greetings Bob :cheers:

well Bob,
you must have'em worried...

05 Dutch Power Cows 721.810 T
67 Team Bob 11.491 T

yep, looks like your closing the gap...
:D

patrick.
(ducking flying cow stuff)

jeramy
08-05-2004, 02:06 PM
Well bob, I'll throw a machine on your team. :smoking:

Xaverius
08-05-2004, 04:54 PM
Oh well, because I'm not a bad guy...

Go Team Bob, Go....:cheers: :swear: :spank: :elephant:

And Bob, you're going faster than I am, d#mn... :cry:

Must..... Find..... More.... Computers..... :trash:

LtZombie
08-05-2004, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by jeramy
Well bob, I'll throw a machine on your team. :smoking:

Thx mate....
The more, the better. who is next?

Bob :cheers:

SkullHead
08-06-2004, 01:40 PM
Ohter projects have a threads setup just for team recruitment. Find-a-Drug (http://forum.find-a-drug.org.uk/viewforum.php?f=11) has one called Team Spirit.

It's not a bad idea. Also let's people who aren't on a team decide if they want to join a team based on your ad for new members. Also cuts back on threads like this where people debate if you can or can't recruit!

Just a thought.

LtZombie
08-06-2004, 03:38 PM
I am not a forum moderator, but I think a new thread for team recruitment is an excellent idea....

Count me in..

Bob

Death
08-06-2004, 04:02 PM
join team Ukraine.

any Ukrainians here??

SkullHead
08-06-2004, 06:19 PM
It'll also stop those pesky cows from complaining :rolleyes:

Xaverius
08-07-2004, 04:21 AM
Originally posted by SkullHead
It'll also stop those pesky cows from complaining :rolleyes:

So I'm pesky, well I can live with that after looking up the translation. (Hey, I'm Dutch you know! :notworthy )

The reason why I put my first reply was because this is an official project forum.
And to see an advertisement of a team which says "please join us at team...", well personally I think the official forum is not the place for a topic like that.

But a separate thread just for recruitement is not a bad idea.

Mystwalker
08-07-2004, 05:40 AM
Originally posted by Xaverius
well personally I think the official forum is not the place for a topic like that.

But a separate thread just for recruitement is not a bad idea.

I agree with these 2 statements...

LtZombie
08-07-2004, 05:54 AM
I ask myself this question: Why isnt the official forum a place for team spirit, individual commitment and a little competition? After all, this only helps en benefits the project. Also teammembers can get in contact with eachother, help eachother and motivate eachother. I dont see what is wrong with that....

Besides I knew there was not such a kind of thread. The reason I started it was to set some things in motion. I could have chosen in contacting a moderator, but I didnt choose that option to find out what other people thought of this idea.

The results are nice: positive and negative reactions, and 1 member for my team.... And final people are thinking and discussing about the idea. Thats what forums are intended to do, so my thoughts were this is the right place....

Greetings Bob.... :cheers:

PS: The team is still open for new members....:thumbs:

Joh14vers6
08-07-2004, 12:19 PM
Team Bob is a dutch team. We try to get a higher rankin. Plz Join Team Bob.
Teamname in config of ur client: Teambob
Team ID: 274

Thx Bob

Aha, a flame to DPC subteam Los Alcoholicos. :jester:

PS: Ik hou wel van een geintje Bob.

SkullHead
08-07-2004, 01:10 PM
Yes Pesky! :D

Personaly I don't think this is the place for that either. I wouldn't do it in here. The recruiting should be done outside or in a thread posted by the mods of this board. But at the same time,if the mods felt it wasn't a good idea they could delete,move or lock it.

You could always counter his post with "Plz don't join Team Bob" ;) :D

beardyphish
08-09-2004, 07:11 AM
Well I think it would be a good idea if all Dutch numbercrunchers joined ONE team ....

.... my team ProfChat that is!

Seriously though, looking at the project stats by country us Dutchies aren't doing too badly, eh! Third!

Makes you wonder how much electricity we have expended on the project though .... :rolleyes:

OberonBob
08-09-2004, 10:43 AM
I must say. I am really conflicted all of the sudden.

LtZombie
08-09-2004, 10:03 PM
:|ot|:Jeremy, did u turn off ur machine???

Indeed the dutch rock. Such a small country, so much processor power. But one dutch team, I dont know...

Bobs team is still open.... Who will be the next member? Foreigners are also welcome.. U dont need to be dutch. If u join, and reach the 10T u will recieve a Bob The Builder button to show u are a proud member of team bob....

Greetings Bob.

:cheers:

(I am thinkin of a Bob The Builder @ seventeen or bust T-shirt when the 25 T is reached) :thumbs:

pcdeatherage
08-10-2004, 11:23 PM

Bobs team is still open.... Who will be the next member? Foreigners are also welcome.. U dont need to be dutch. If u join, and reach the 10T u will recieve a Bob The Builder button to show u are a proud member of team bob....

that certainly sounds interesting...some say that us Americans will do anything for the right price...how about a link to a scan of what we might be playng for?:D :jester:

LtZombie
08-11-2004, 04:31 AM
Lol, I will have the scan in a couple of days... Naturally the button will be posted to you by mail with no costs...:|party|:

ceselb
12-11-2004, 10:34 PM
Moved to teams sub forum, enjoy.