PDA

View Full Version : Firefox 0.9.3 Released

Chinasaur
08-04-2004, 03:36 PM
ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/0.9.3/

ColinT
08-16-2004, 06:01 PM
Thanks for posting this. I went quick like a bunny and upgraded.

DesertFolk
08-30-2004, 02:46 PM
Does anyone know how to get mouseover events to work in Firefox (0.9.3)? There are a few websites that I visit that have menus that drop down when you put the mouse over the heading, and I can't seem to get them to drop down in Firefox. I'm using WinXP with SP1.

Bok
08-30-2004, 02:51 PM
Sounds like Flash perhaps ? You'd have to install the plug-in.

Can you perhaps give a link to the site and I can try it out.

Bok

DesertFolk
08-30-2004, 03:03 PM
I just re-installed Flash and Java, still no good. The website I'm trying is on our intranet, so you wouldn't be able to get to it. Do you know of another website (public) that I can try so I can see if it is just an incompatability between the work website and Firefox?

Bok
08-30-2004, 03:47 PM
I don't without knowing exactly what it is doing.. Perhaps it is activeX ?? Which is M$ and should be boycotted IMO :)

Bok

Welnic
08-30-2004, 04:55 PM
A website that I look at for my plane is: http://www.2wings.com/

It has a menu that only works for me using Explorer. All of the other Mac browsers can't get the menu to work.

magnav0x
08-30-2004, 07:13 PM
I took a look at it, it's pure javascript. Have you tryed installing the Java JRE?

DesertFolk
08-30-2004, 07:15 PM
Thanks Bok and Welnic. I think it does have something to do with Active X; I read earlier today that M$ may even get rid of Active X starting with WinXP SP3. They want to continue increasing security and Active X is one of the major contributors to vulnerabilities in IE.

Lots of web sites will have to be redesigned. :crazy:

DesertFolk
08-30-2004, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by magnav0x
I took a look at it, it's pure javascript. Have you tryed installing the Java JRE?

Magnavox,

We must have been replying at the same time...I installed the standard version - whatever that is.

Bok
08-30-2004, 07:55 PM
There are a number of javascript commands I believe that only work on IE. They are not compliant or standard. In fact some of the work I was doing last week revealed that my company is using JS that is not compliant also, so as part of their requirements they say that IE is needed...

Needless to say, I'll be looking into it to try and fix :)

Bok

Bok
08-31-2004, 02:57 PM
Try in firefox, going to the page in question and then opening

Tools->Javascript Console

I'll bet there are errors.

the 2wings.com site has a simple error

Bok :D

DesertFolk
08-31-2004, 03:13 PM
Bok,

You're right. It has "Error: document.layers has no properties". Any idea how to fix this? It sounds to me like coding that Firefox doesn't like.

Bok
08-31-2004, 03:24 PM
Working on it. I get mainly window.event errors which do not exist in Moz/Firefox. Trying to find out how to fix them.

You could look into this, though I haven't tried it

http://webfx.eae.net/dhtml/ieemu/

Let us know the results if you do try.

Bok :D