PDA

View Full Version : Who's in the mood for a dumb question?

johnnemo
08-10-2004, 01:12 PM
Bear with me, I'm new. I have a non networked computer I'd like to enlist in the md5 project. I downloaded the client on my primary computer and saved the file to a USB stick. Then I transfered the client to the non networked computer. Having read the advanced client features, I ran the program -offline and went to bed. The next morning I stopped the client and ran the -prepareBatch command. The HTML file was created which I saved and brought back to my primary computer. I opened the file and it ran but the result did not display any user totals and I did not get any credit although the file contained about 54 DPs. I tried rerunning and got the same response only this time there was also a note that this was a duplication of a previous submission. I never got credit for the work. I went through this same process with my primary computer and it worked fine on 29 DPs. The only thing I can think of is that since it is a non networked computer, it never gotto register it's client instance. What am I doing wrong?

:notworthy

J.J.

Darkness Productions
08-10-2004, 01:21 PM
You have to make sure to register the DPs before you submit them... I'm sure jlcooke can help you out with this...

charmed
08-10-2004, 06:39 PM
quote To get credit for your efforts, upload your md5_user.xml file using this form or using the md5_user_send.html file create by the client on first run unquote

Log into the md5crk site with whatever your username and password is, scroll down and you'll find the spot to upload your md5_user.xml file.

cheers,
charmed

johnnemo
08-10-2004, 07:46 PM
Charmed,

Your advice worked great and I got back the credits I thought I had lost for good when the original attempt failed. You're the best!

:thumbs:

J.J.

jlcooke
08-10-2004, 11:53 PM
As long as you upload the start point within a 72hr period, your DPs will be credited. you were lucky! :)