PDA

View Full Version : What's happening with the new client V3

vjs
08-19-2004, 11:51 AM
I was just wondering what was happening with the development of V3.

I know there was discussion about que priorites so that an end user could chose, regular prp, double checks, P-1 testing, or sieve etc.

<tangent>

Although I don't see sieve as a viable option for mass users since some people are slow and the client may reserve a range and never finish etc.

I do see P-1 as manditory before prp testing although I don't nessarily enjoy P-1 I think it should be done with stringent bounds say 200K ahead of prp.

</tangent>

Anyways on the wiki site it was stated that v3 would be pseudo-modular running Java for the frontend which supports platform specific clients on the backend.

It was also stated that the backend would be entirely console style facilitating Java I assume.

Are there any beta versions of these consoles available for testing, Louie stated something about a new prp client and he was trying to find matching residues etc.

I was just wondering if this is still the case or if we should release the new prp client for beta testing. We could have the beta specifically assign from the double check que only. This would in essence kill two birds with one stone, since residues are already known for comparision, the n value is fast, doesn't affect team stats etc.

Any updates???