PDA

View Full Version : On the way up

Fozzie
08-23-2004, 04:39 PM
not sure I'm sold on FAD yet, I'll stick with it awhile.

Hello everyone BTW.

:thumbs:

Jkusuda
08-23-2004, 04:45 PM
Just joined up to crunch FAD as well. My farm's been on it for about a week. The length of some of the workunits is kinda frustrating but it is for a very worthwhile cause. I'm sticking it out for a while to see how it goes as well.

Glad to have you aboard Foz!!!

em99010pepe
08-23-2004, 04:52 PM
Question to you guys. Is it possible to sneak-internet/ run in offline mode?

Carlos

Fozzie
08-24-2004, 08:52 AM
just in case I can bring some heavier firepower to bear.

magnav0x
08-24-2004, 12:21 PM
From FAD forums....

Yes, Install Find-a-Drug Client on both PC's

Make sure you don't upgrade to any beta (and keep both version the same, so remeber to install any newer version when they come out )

Then on the none-internet connected [lets call it NC] one install it using the no internet connection options.

Then on the internet connected client [lets call it IC] one click retrieve to get some jobs, then use File-> Expot to export them to a file on the USB drive.
Do not remove the 'exported' bits form this client.
Then use the File->Import on the NC client. When they are done, use FILE->Export and take the drive to the IC computer and click FILE->Import, hit send, jobs done.... get some more..

If that make no sence it's because I'm tring to remeber and the naming maybe slightly off.
I may make a guide for this with Pictures (if it's not already done)

Jkusuda, if you want faster units I would suggest downloading Respiratory units. Cancer and HIV units tend to be rather large.