PDA

View Full Version : Several problems

redukt
09-01-2004, 04:31 PM
Well, I just downloaded FaD today, and joined Free-DC shortly after that. I do have a few questions though.

1) How do you get stats images? I see everyone has them in their sigs, but I haven't found any info anywhere on how to generate these images.

2) FaD memberlist shows me as newly registered in their forums (I don't recall registering), and my login / e-mail info from the client doesn't work when I pop it into the Forgot Password page.

Thanks in Advance!

Bok
09-01-2004, 04:43 PM
redukt,

first off welcome to the Free-DC team !

To get the stats image that I produce I just need to add you to my aliases table. However you need to show up on the stats page first (after your first result has been sent in) so that I can see what your FAD id is. It will show if you hover over your name.

Once that happens you'll be able to use

{img}http://stats.free-dc.org/tag.php?name=redukt{/img} in your sig. Replace the curly brackets with square brackets around the img tags

Also

http://stats.free-dc.org/users/users.php?name=redukt will also work. If you join any of the other projects just let me know and I'll add your id for that project to make sure it shows.

for q2. I thought you had to register seperately for the FAD forums.

Bok :D

Jkusuda
09-01-2004, 06:04 PM
redukt,

Welcome to the team!!!

redukt
09-01-2004, 08:08 PM
How often does FaD update their stats? I've uploaded some work quite a few hours ago.

And I'll let you know as soon as I find my member ID.

TIA!

Bok
09-01-2004, 08:39 PM
About 4 times daily. I run a cronjob which should be kicking off at 19:51CST or about 10 mins time :)

Bok :cheers:

Paratima
09-01-2004, 11:10 PM
redukt, like Bok said, welcome to Free-DC! :) Don't be concerned if your progress doesn't show up when you think it ought to. The one word that best describes the speed of almost everything concerning FAD is: tectonic, as in plates, and the movement thereof. The good news is, this project needs NO babysitting. Just start the thing & let it run. Just about bulletproof.
:sleepy:
Happy crunching.

IronBits
09-03-2004, 02:36 AM
:Pokes: Paratima :D