PDA

View Full Version : Beth133

HaloJones
09-05-2004, 06:00 PM
How are you getting 1.8m up to DFHQ? I can't get anything at all and you're doing major numbers? Care to share your secret?

Welnic
09-05-2004, 06:25 PM
He is based somewhere in Canada, I think, not too far from Toronto. Maybe it is just the proximity. He hardly ever posts in here. It seems that he always has smooth constant output, so I don't think that he is hand delivering it on floppies.

Chinasaur
09-05-2004, 06:28 PM
IIRC, he's the SysAdmin of a major, pricey private school/college. IOW, big pipe.

Welnic
09-05-2004, 06:41 PM
Here is a thread where he comes clean:

http://free-dc.org/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3905

In it he was claiming that he was going to have to shut down once the students returned to school. I think at that time he did, but it seems like he doesn't have to do that anymore.

Digital Parasite
09-05-2004, 08:13 PM
I don't think price or proximity makes a difference. I am very close to DFHQ (from a North America view) but it has taken me 24+ hours just to upload about 20 generations from a couple of clients each. Maybe just getting lucky and hitting a server that is processing things faster...

Welnic
09-05-2004, 09:51 PM
He's uploading a little more than twice as much as me, and that seems about right.

gopher_yarrowzoo
09-06-2004, 01:32 PM
Hmm Im sure someone has Quantum level Processing.... hmm more "bang" for yer buck as they say... but the output of Beth is :scared:
I'm :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy to even guess at the "pharm" he has...
It's the kind of thing I dream of having one day... hmm maybe..
Now where did I put that power supply spec....