PDA

View Full Version : More problems

redukt
09-05-2004, 11:33 PM
OK, so I have two nodes and a server running FaD just fine. I go to add a third node into the mix, and I get the following error in that machines .tlg file (after it refuses to take any jobs):

5-SEP-04 23:36 Server access denied. Waiting 60s

:bang:

This log file is stored ON THE SERVER! ...And the message repeats itself. I used the exact same setup procedure on all of the machines, and this is the only one to error. I have tried re-running setup, reinstalling the NIC, rejoining the workgroup, unsharing and re-sharing the folder on the server, etc. Nothing helps!

The server's software just lists that nodes job as "Queued", with the "Last Message" field under "Client info" blank.

I'd post this in the FaD forums, but like my earlier post said, I seem to be locked out without having registered.

TIA!

redukt
09-06-2004, 11:49 PM
Well, when I run that PC in stand-alone mode I get a queue creation error. I think it must be some weird mix of hardware / OS thats throwing it off. I plan on either loading up *nix tomorrow on that machine or maybe an older flavor of Windows. We'll see. Right now I'm out of ideas.

Paratima
09-07-2004, 12:09 AM
Sorry, redukt. Nothing here rings a bell. Never had much of a problem with FAD.

Sounds almost like a permissions problem... Like you say, maybe a wierd combo.

Give us a little help here. What OS(es) are you running?

redukt
09-07-2004, 08:06 AM
The machine that's erroring is running Win2k (no service packs installed - ran out of HDD shortly after installing the OS). It's an Athlon 750Mhz w/ 448MB PC133 RAM, a 1 GB HDD, and a Linksys NIC. Nothing else in the machine to speak of.

I agree that it sounds like a permissions or file system issue. If it were permissions then why would the other machines connect OK? I can still see, run, and write to the shared folder properly from 'doze. That leaves FS error. I'm hoping I can try to free up some space and install SP2 again tonight before I reinstall the OS / switch OSes.

Thanks again for all your help and patience!

:Pokes:

Paratima
09-07-2004, 12:32 PM
Huh! If there was an OS that I thought wouldn't be giving that kind of problems, it's W2K.

Good luck with your installs.

redukt
09-07-2004, 09:04 PM
Switching to Windows98 didn't solve a darn thing. Maybe it doesn't like my old harddrive? I mean *doze like it fine...

Ich weiss nicht.
:bang: