PDA

View Full Version : Ugh

redukt
09-12-2004, 08:53 PM
Has anyone else had trouble with their jobs showing up? I had a massive job finish yesterday at 2AM and it still isn't showing on FAD stats.

In other news, between this, trouble on the FaD forum, and other technical difficulties (see previous post), I'm about to switch projects.

Any input on other good projects?

wirthi
09-13-2004, 09:47 AM
Bad to hear that. I chose that project because I never had any problems with it.

The stats are updated roughly every 6 hours, but sometimes it takes a bit longer.

redukt
09-13-2004, 10:10 AM
It stinks because I really like the projects theory. I can put up with the FaD official forum stuff, and I suppose I can live with the other technical problems, but the big thing is this huge job that never cleared. I know it may seem selfish, but I'm not getting credit for DAYS of work. I mean does it happen often that a job takes over 48 hours to clear?

Bok
09-13-2004, 10:14 AM
I find that it is usually the next update or perhaps the one after that. If it was 2am yesterday, i.e. 32 hours ago, yes I would definitely expect that one to have shown up.

Not sure what else could cause it :(

If you do want to try another project, both TSC and D2OL are similar medical projects which are pretty stable.

Bok

Petey
09-13-2004, 12:22 PM
Hi Redukt,

Sorry to hear you have such a big job AWOL - it would certainly frustrate the hell out of me too.

Before you loose all patience and kick FAD to the kerb try and run:

http://www.find-a-drug.co.uk/statsquery.html

This will send an email to you containing the last 1,000 jobs the data servers have received from you. If the job is in here then you can breath easy - FAD has had an ISP problem and the stats will catch up.

If it isn't in here then email Keith at the support email address. Keith will probably ask for a PM with some of your log files and will use this to sort out what has happened. Keith can't work miracles but he will always respond and I have always found him very helpful.

Petey

redukt
09-13-2004, 09:54 PM
Well, the job got submitted. Here's the details:

11-SEP-04 12:13 1hyv-q3 m50163 Number of hits doesn't match number of records

WTF!
:bang:

Petey
09-14-2004, 07:28 AM
Not one I've come across.:confused:

Definitely one for support@find-a-drug.co.uk

From my experience Keith is pretty good at getting back ASAP and if he can recover the points for you he will.

Petey

redukt
09-14-2004, 11:09 AM
Nice.

Apparently Comcast is blocking his registration emails, and apparently the results file only contained 267 results but the footer claimed that there were 268 hits. Thus, my results were trash.

Wow my luck is awesome.

At least I have today off from work and I can partake of my absinthe for the first time in months.

:|party|:

wirthi
09-14-2004, 11:36 AM
ad luck: :bang: :bang: :bang:

ad absinthe: :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

redukt
09-14-2004, 11:38 AM
Meh. I'll stick with it for a while more. I'll beat this thing and get some points if it kills me.

Jkusuda
09-18-2004, 08:12 PM
Nice dump today!!!

redukt
09-18-2004, 08:14 PM
Talk about a WU taking forever to finish!

Plum Ugly
09-19-2004, 09:50 PM
I have allways found keith to be very helpful in getting things sorted out.You might post it on the fad forums .These long running jobs can be very frustrating when ya don't get the points ta show for the work ya did.

redukt
09-20-2004, 10:28 AM
Keith was very helpful in explaining things and helping me out with the forum. It ended up that:

a) Comcast (my ISP) was blocking the forum password resets as spam. After a few days of trying repeatedly, the mail finally came through and I'm now registered at the official FaD forums.

b) That huge WU that never went through apparently had some issues where the results came back with work that didn't pass all the checks properly. So that week and a half or so of work ended up being trash.

c) I still run FaD on 3 machines, but I ended up putting D2OL on the fourth (the one I couldn't get to run FaD). So now I get to try out both projects. FaD is still going to be my main project, and its a shame that I couldn't load it on that fourth machine, but at least I can still put it to work.

I'm still curious as to why that one machine wouldn't take FaD properly. I may post to the FaD forum later and see if anyone can give me an answer. I may or may not load FaD on it if I get one, but at least I'd know what was going on.

Cheers!
:cheers:

Fozzie
09-20-2004, 02:09 PM
without problems now, whichever project you run.

:cheers: