PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane Jeanne

Moogie
09-24-2004, 04:48 PM
..is headed straight for us. I know those things can change but as of the last update (and several others) it's going to go right through us.

If you can..send some positive thoughts to everyone in Jeanne's path.

Stay safe all!

Jeanne (http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/ftp/graphics/AT11/refresh/AL1104W5+GIF/231458W5.gif)

em99010pepe
09-24-2004, 04:52 PM
You all live in critical places. Hurricanes every week!

Just be safe.

Carlos

PY 222
09-24-2004, 05:20 PM
Man... you folk sure have it tough over there!

This must be a record of some sort going on this year.

Be safe everyone.

Moogie
09-24-2004, 05:24 PM
They say this is the worst it's been since 1964. I picked a bad year to move here eh?

Longbow
09-24-2004, 08:05 PM
Hey Moogie,

Just became operational again after the damage Ivan did to us here. Got power back a few days ago and cable just came back moments ago. My in-laws are down in Fort Lauderdale and I will be keeping both you and them in my prayers.

Stay safe

Paratima
09-24-2004, 08:20 PM
Hey Moogster, we just figured you'd like an "interesting" welcome party! :jester:

Latest track has it smooshing into my side of the state before it heads north. Oh, well... :rolleyes:

Pass the plywood, please. Again.

magicfan241
09-26-2004, 11:55 AM
Good Luck to all of you in the hurricane's path!

/me gives lots of plywood to all those down south

magicfan241

Moogie
09-26-2004, 08:26 PM
Pass the canoe please......

PY 222
09-26-2004, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by Moogie
Pass the canoe please......

And also the buckets... :help:

Moogie
09-27-2004, 07:56 AM
Looks like we've weathered another one. We had some pretty good winds and seriously heavy rain yesterday, and it moved in full strength last night, and lasted until early this morning. Basically, we had a good tropical storm but no damage!

Power went out at about 10:30 pm and didn't come back until right around 7:30 this morning, so it wasn't all that bad.

Phew!

Next!

magicfan241
09-27-2004, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by Moogie
Looks like we've weathered another one. We had some pretty good winds and seriously heavy rain yesterday, and it moved in full strength last night, and lasted until early this morning. Basically, we had a good tropical storm but no damage!

Power went out at about 10:30 pm and didn't come back until right around 7:30 this morning, so it wasn't all that bad.

Phew!

Next!

Have fun down there. At least your area can handle the amount of rain.

Our area is 17" over for the year and you can tell......I'm afraid that if Jeanne slwos down, we may be in for some major flooding. close to 3,000 homes flooded up here in PA from Ivan (at least in my area).

magicfan241

StarDog
09-28-2004, 10:40 AM
Whew...just started to get things back to normal (somewhat)...Jeanne was a bad one, there's alot of destruction caused by this storm, and I seriosly don't think our area can handle another one for awhile. Many of my co-workers are now living out of trailers or with other family memebers as theire houses have either burned from electrical fires, or are absolutley drenched from roof damage caused by 3 hurricanes in a row.

Before this past season, I had no fear of a "storm", as I used to refer to them, now I have a whole new respect for mother nature!

This has been a very stressful hurricane season and I hope we can go aother couple of hundred years before that ever happens again...

Paratima
09-28-2004, 11:39 PM
Good luck to those in the NE. Just getting back on after 24 hrs w/o electrics and 48 hrs w/o Internet! :scared:
(And I was one of the lucky ones!)

Not an amazingly wet storm at Tampa Bay, just a big blowhard. Lost (another) oak tree.

magicfan241
09-30-2004, 07:30 PM
We only got around 1 foot in our bottom floor.

I'm really feeling for the people in our area that have 5 or 6 feet in their lower floors, and all those along the Brandywine Creek, which crested at 9 feet above flood stage (20 feet in our area), and put nearly 150 houses underwater. The Delaware didn't flood as bad as during Ivan, but we got 9" according to the news in our area (it was very local, Phila, 30 minutes away, only got 5")

magicfan241, slowly drying out