Fozzie
10-06-2004, 10:20 AM
Using a USB stick sneakernet procedure

PCZ
10-06-2004, 10:42 AM
You can sneakernet using a usb stick.
Also there are timeless WU's available.

PS
If everybody in Free-DC did nothing but F@H we might make the top 10 in about 100 years :jester:

QIbHom
10-06-2004, 10:53 AM
If everybody in Free-DC did nothing but F@H we might make the top 10 in about 100 years

It's the science, eh? Besides, one of the reasons to belong to a team is to allow one to concentrate on a subset of the entire project, so it isn't too depressing <g>.

FoBoT
10-06-2004, 11:59 AM
it is cool they added the switch to get work that doesn't expire

all you need for the command line version is the .exe , put that into a dir on the internet box and run it, set all the options you want and let it get some work

then move the whole dir to the no-internet box and fire the .exe back up

i haven't tried this yet, but i think that would be the procedure

Welnic
10-06-2004, 12:38 PM
Be sure to use the -local switch so that everything ends up in the folder. I always use it anyway.

I'm not sure, but I think that FAH is picky about getting the results back from the same computer that it sent the work to. So after you download it, move it to the other computer to be finished, you would have to move it back to the same computer to send it back in.

Fozzie
10-06-2004, 04:35 PM
is each download unique, so would I have to download 10 times to put out to 10 boxen.

Or

Can I donwload once and copy that folder to 10 different boxen to work on and get credit for each finished instance of that one download.

Welnic
10-06-2004, 04:47 PM
Each download is definitely unique. You would need to download different work for each machine.

IronBits
10-06-2004, 10:26 PM
http://teameggroll.com/index.php?module=ContentExpress&func=display&ceid=47

:thumbs: