PDA

View Full Version : Problem with DHEP client

JDErickson
10-07-2004, 08:17 PM
I have been running the non-service client on my machine for a few weeks.

Today when I started it up I get the following error.

<Illegal Method Name "addregistelers">

and at bottoms of screen

[null,null]

I have tried stopping and restarting the client and the same thing happens.

Help please

Thanx
Jim

prokaryote
10-07-2004, 11:02 PM
Hi JD,

I've seen this several times as well. For me I just let the machine keep trying to get a new assignment and it eventually went away. May try a reboot and if that doesn't work, try a reinstall of the client. Though I really think that it's something wrong with the particular assignment. Not much help, I know. Maybe Miguel will have an idea.

prok

nickbrownsfan
10-08-2004, 04:52 PM
Yep I was running into that problem as well. I just did a reboot and watched the client over the next few days (because it would come up a few times after that) finally it went away and the machine I had the troubles on has been working fine for weeks now. I figured I just ended up with a dodgy task to start with and it would break after a few gens. :rolleyes:

JDErickson
10-08-2004, 05:30 PM
Well no luck getting it running. I have rebooted and reinstalled the client with no luck.

Jim

michaelgarvie
10-09-2004, 05:06 AM
Hi Jim and welcome to DHEP.:|party|:

Could you please provide me with the full error output. Every thing from "Trying to get task from ... " to where it stops.

It actually looks like a typo but there is no method anything like addregistelers nor mispelt like that in the dhep code. Could you also tell me what version of Java you are using?

:cheers: Miguel

JDErickson
10-09-2004, 12:31 PM
The error code is pretty big. I will try and get a screen shot and email to you.

The mispelling seemed wierd to me too but I made sure and typed it exactly as what was on screen.

michaelgarvie
10-11-2004, 12:05 PM
Thanks for the screenshot you sent me. The stack trace indicates that the exception is being thrown in native java code. I will submit a bug report. For now I recommend you try other versions of java.:swear: