PDA

View Full Version : Jeeze, Maefly...

QIbHom
10-09-2004, 10:30 PM
You are stomping up the stats again. And I'd thought I didn't have to worry about you after df ended. Then again, I don't need to worry - you've road killed me again <g>.

IronBits
10-10-2004, 05:14 AM
:notworthy Active processors (within 7 days) 40

It is really nice to see the team climbing up the ranks for a change! 158th!

Thanks to all who are giving this project another go after such a long hiatus :thumbs: .

I'm sure Condor is glad he almost has enough company to have a :|party|: :D

-Xp-
10-10-2004, 08:57 AM
Cool !

:thumbs: :thumbs: :drums:

maefly
10-10-2004, 07:42 PM
Well, after df shutdown, fah was the logical choice. The points aren't as easy to get, but the client is the best suited when dealing with multiple computers.

Anyways, it looks like the free-dc team could benefit from some extra points in this project.

Happy to be aboard!!!

maefly

QIbHom
10-10-2004, 08:24 PM
fah was the logical choice. The points aren't as easy to get, but the client is the best suited when dealing with multiple computers.

Agreed. I thought FAD might be good, but the install was just too complex in my environment. Have to d/l F@H to each comp, but it is a nice, small download.

The little custom MyFolding.html page is cute, too. Nice touch.

It looks like we'll be passing our good friends at US-Distributed soon. They beat us on CB, so it's only fair <g>.

My only concern is that F@H seems to go to sleep on my Linux computers. I'm not sure - need to watch them more. Maybe the low flag is the problem. I'll experiment with that when I get back from Halifax.

Welnic
10-10-2004, 09:10 PM
I don't remember anything particular about linux other than the client is slower on the same hardware than windows. It is faster to run the windows client in wine on a linux box, even. I never got even close to dealing with that myself.

I have heard that the client is flakey on AMDs.

QIbHom
10-10-2004, 09:22 PM
I'm not up to messing with wine. Did, once. Ran screaming from the room.

All of my Linux computers are AMDs. Maybe that is the problem. Damn. I really prefer to keep all my computers on one project, and I like how F@H is working with the Windows (and Intel) computers at work.

Thanks, Welnic. I'll worry about this when I get home in a week or so.

pfb
10-10-2004, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by Welnic
I don't remember anything particular about linux other than the client is slower on the same hardware than windows. It is faster to run the windows client in wine on a linux box, even. I never got even close to dealing with that myself.

I have heard that the client is flakey on AMDs.

Haven't seen that the v5 Lniux client is that slower than v5 Windows client - older clients might be slower between the OSes...

Client isn't flakey on AMD anymore - it was due to a SSE issue (so I gather looking at the F@H forums) which is fixed (and why the -forcesse is no longer needed)...