PDA

View Full Version : New target a monster, other a dud

CaptainMooseInc
10-13-2004, 04:11 AM
For proteome targets, the new target 1bmm-q1 is proving to put CPUs to the test as they have not yet been before for this target. Since I've been using FaD, I've always intermixed some proteome targets into my queue as a kinda of "beacon" to show I'm still alive and not just puttering along. Usually this beacon would mean 1 big target (HIV or Cancer) uploaded and then 3-4 targets of proteome before another "big one" started.

Not the case here...

Proteome's new target 1bmm-q1 is ranging anywhere from 1hr to crunch to up to 15hrs. My current 1bmm-q1 target is at 95% and has run since 1PM on October 12th.

Since the whole proteome target thing is taking up so much CPU time with no real focus to make my body tingle inside, I'm finishing what I've got (about 10 more WUs of it) and moving on to the new Cancer target 1t7r-q1.

Out of curiosity I paused my proteome target and switched to the cancer target. Oddly, I'm able to put one of these guys out every 1-3hrs on average. This target shouldn't take long to complete if the results stay the same.

Maybe I'm wrong and I don't understand the projects, but that's my view on things.

If you guys want, I'll DL 2-4 of each available target that FaD will let me DL and crunch them, average the time, and post what it will probably take a 2.0GHz system running 512MB DDR PC2700 RAM.

Kinda like benchmarking I guess...

I dunno, it's 3AM and I can't sleep. I'm bored, and I want to type to get my keystrokes up for Key Counter.

Oh well...

Off to channel 129...Nicktoons....Action League Now is about to come on.