PDA

View Full Version : Need serious image format help

Chinasaur
10-15-2004, 01:37 AM
I have a picture from a few years ago from a friend showing her and her nurse buddies. It was extracted from inside some windows program and sent to me as an attachment when I was using BeOS as my main desktop.

I have tried opening with everything BeOS, OS X and Win2000 have native but not Office as I don't have it. I have tried XN View for Windows and that doesn't work either. The file name is Staff Pic..pub if that helps. I have no idea what generates a .pub extension.

Are there any image monkey's out there who have a toolkit that might open this file and would be willing to try?? If so, reply and i'll email the file. It's 2.8MB.

TIA :)

:cheers:

Anarchy99
10-15-2004, 05:35 AM
.pub is a microsoft publisher document

if you dont have the software I do and would be willing to open it and save it as something else if you like.

let me know.

A99

Chinasaur
10-15-2004, 07:41 AM
A99,

Thanks! You provided the missing puzzle piece..what created it. I found an online converter and got it over to .pdf.

If you could convert to .jpg from Publisher native I'd appreciate it. Don't know if your conversion will be clearer than my .pdf to .jpg but if you don't mind trying..that would be great :)

I pm'd you the location.

wirthi
10-15-2004, 08:49 AM
Hmm .. I deem that thread quite useful :)

I recently got an .mdi file. Should be something like "PDF; but from Microsoft". Can be opened with Office 2003 I was told; since I don't own that package: are there any (free) viewers available?

Chinasaur
10-15-2004, 11:29 AM
In Win this has been my Swiss Army Knife™ - http://www.xnview.com/ . It's free as well :thumbs:

.mdi is listed as a supported format for import :)

:cheers:

gopher_yarrowzoo
10-15-2004, 03:58 PM
China - i could convert it to jpg / PNG / GIF / TIF if ya like :> rip it out for ya no probs

Anarchy99
10-16-2004, 04:24 PM
chinasaur you got mail :)

the photo looks good

Chinasaur
10-16-2004, 05:58 PM
Thanks buddy...got it :)

Much grass :)