PDA

View Full Version : Them silly Arsians

Fozzie
10-17-2004, 04:45 PM
Was bored and had a look at their site. Interesting reading how they have had an influx of crunchers. Some I know from DF days and not too shabby as far as power.

As we know Willy1 is away and his fairly god quota is missing hence them talking up the extension of the overtake date.

69 days to Christmas, and I expect the overtake date to get back well under that once Willy is back and I have (if necesary) moved my TSC boxen over.

Can't have Fozstradamus get it wrong. :D

So if you have some boxen going spare pop 'em on D2OL until Christmas and give Free Dc a 3rd in D2OL as a present.

Once past Ars will give up as they normally do so we can then pop some boxen back on other projects.

So :stomp: Ars for Christmas is our slogan.

Rally to the call, and help our resident SoothSayer save face :blush:

Helix_Von_Smelix
10-17-2004, 06:30 PM
Well the way we have cranked up output, it looks like we might overtake Team Norway in the rush to catch ARS Y. Maybe BOK could tell us, i am too tired to sit down and work it out.

Fozstradamus might be wrong as we move up two places.

:cheers:

willy1
10-17-2004, 09:20 PM
My pharm will spring to life again tomorrow. I'm back from the great sunny lower left corner of the US.

I spent a delightful conference at a resort at Pacific Beach on Mission Bay in San Diego. Got too much sun, ate too much, and didn't even touch a PC since Monday.

kb9skw
10-17-2004, 09:31 PM
The real question is, how long are you guys going to stay dedicated to the D2OL project?

matrix_fan
10-17-2004, 09:47 PM
I think I have the answer to this question - as long as needed depending on the circumstances currently in place.:rotfl:

IronBits
10-17-2004, 10:17 PM
I put two more back here, with the nice firepower coming along over on F@H, they won't miss me to much ;)
:cheers::|party|:

PY 222
10-18-2004, 02:16 PM
I'll put my home box on this one as well.

Lets have some Yogurt. :D

Fozzie
10-18-2004, 03:19 PM
so following the weekend I should be :dump: a few WUs. Let's see how the overtake time tumbles.

:D

willy1
10-18-2004, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by Fozzie
As we know Willy1 is away and his fairly god quota is missing

I like the 'god' quota part... but it's really not that much. Should be showing up slowly during the day today as I roll it out again. New node IDs though, as the boxes got lobotomized while I was away.

gopher_yarrowzoo
10-18-2004, 07:04 PM
willy1 get them back or did ya and they had nuked yer node id

willy1
10-18-2004, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by gopher_yarrowzoo
willy1 get them back or did ya and they had nuked yer node id

what?????

The boxes got wiped clean, and I have no idea what nodes went with which boxes, and never bothered to back up the 4 D2OL folders on each one.

On a slightly different tangent, does anyone know if I delete the now-orphaned nodes on the D2OL site, do the points for those nodes disappear?

Chinasaur
10-18-2004, 08:13 PM
Nope. You are left with those nodes forever :( You have to start new ones and live with the clutter :(

PY 222
10-18-2004, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by Chinasaur
Nope. You are left with those nodes forever :( You have to start new ones and live with the clutter :(

Now that sucks.

I just hosed two of my 5 new installs and now I've got another 2 new node IDs for them and I can't delete them either coz they have some points before I hosed them.

Arrgghh... :bang: Guess you guys will see I have added two more boxes but in actual fact, its the same boxes.

gopher_yarrowzoo
10-19-2004, 06:55 PM
darn it , yeah that sucks... hmm must be away to "retrieve" the node.id hmm or :idea: maybe someone could decode the a node they have and figure out how it's coded ;)

Fozzie
10-20-2004, 01:59 AM
but it is not officially supported.

PY 222
10-20-2004, 03:10 AM
Originally posted by Fozzie
but it is not officially supported.

Any linky?

Fozzie
10-20-2004, 04:01 AM
but I think it got pulled due to possible nefarious uses. Worth doing a search though.

I believe you can run multiple instances under the same node ID as long as the work is unique, so if you have a node ID you are using you can place that into some new installs and download work for them.

Bok
10-20-2004, 07:04 AM
correct, just copy over the node.prp file

Bok :cheers: