PDA

View Full Version : The Story of My Geforce

Alpha_7
05-11-2002, 10:59 PM
This is a story I wrote for a Geforce 4 compeition, I thought I
would share it with you. Its a true story.

My current Geforce is crying to
Be put out to pasture. It’s seen a lot, and bears the scars of many a battle.
This is its story.
----------------------------------------------
Chapter 1
Finally I am removed from that shelf; I’ve been sitting there for so long, but my brothers
And I are all on the move. The computer store, our home for many months now, has decided
We are obsolete, we are being sold at meager fraction of our original cost, my self-esteem is
Low, I feel a mix of trepidation and excited anticipation, the journey begins.

Chapter 2
Having survived the postal service, I am gleefully unwrapped by my new friend and owner. I am met by
a broad smile, as he looks me up and down. I pose for him, showing my full 32mb of ram, my
stock cooler my PCB glimmers in the light. When the inspection is over I am installed in my new home,
I notice a sad and tired TNT2 resting on the table, my predecessor.

Chapter 3
Well these first weeks have been full of action, I spent my first week being tweaked and running
Lots of pretty games, my owner was very pleased with my performance, I felt proud. But thing soon
changed when first the systems CPU and motherboard blew up, and then being driven to be repair
we were involved in an accident. The car was written off, and I was bruised from the bulky CPU
heatsink hitting me in the force of the accident.

Chapter 4
This have improved since the upgrade took place, I am now surrounded by new and fast components,
My owner no longer pays me the attention I once had; he believes I am now holding the system back.
In and effort to make me work harder, he tried to rob me of my heatsink, but we stick fast. Making no
Progress he then tries to suffocate me in plastic has he freezes me for 6 long hours. I am chilled
To the bone, and never want to see another frozen steak again, when my owner returns he
Is brandishing a shiny knife and tries to pry off my heatsink, it doesn’t budge but the knife
Scratches and chips my PCB and GPU. The pain, the inhumanity, my aching diodes.

Chapter 5
I still continue to serve my master, I feel his disappointment, another upgrade goes
By, but still I remain. I wish for a quiet retirement, in a server where my days wouldn’t
be as intense. I wish my replacement good luck, and a happy future with my owner.

-----------------------------------------------------------

So that’s its story, its old, tired and been put through a lot, it wants out and I Don’t wish to torture it anymore.

Alpha_7
05-11-2002, 11:02 PM
LOL...

i cant spell...

just ready what I typed..

whoops

:rotfl:

Chinasaur
05-11-2002, 11:43 PM
Alpha,

That was good to go man!!! I enjoyed it and laughed..good writing amigo :thumbs:

Write some more soon and give yourself credit for being a good wordsmith :cheers:

Alpha_7
05-11-2002, 11:54 PM
:) Thanks man... I have some writings of mine around.. I might
dig some up for you...

BTW that was a true story..

all of that happened to my poor card.. I am amazed it has worked so well for so long.. esp as I was told they were a really unreliable card.. just after I bought it...

Must of got luck...

kewl signature btw:D

Moogie
05-12-2002, 01:16 PM
LOL! Oh this was really good. Really good! It's funny but I actually felt as if I was that card. :) Good job. :)