PDA

View Full Version : Windows v2.3.0 CRITICAL UPGRADE

IronBits
12-25-2004, 02:28 AM
You *MUST* upgrade to the NEW client ASAP!!!

A very critical bug was found by KenG6 of Team Anandtech and has now been fixed. The bug only effects Windows machines with non SSE2 processors. This means that Linux/FreeBSD/BeOS are not affected by the bug.

We ask that you spread the word about this new client, because it is very important that v2.2.0 windows clients are upgraded to v2.3.0. Due to the nature of this bug and the possibility of missing a prime, in a few weeks we will stop accepting work from the Windows v2.2.0 client. At that point, the v2.2.0 windows tests will be reassigned and restested to make sure we did not miss a prime. The server will not accept work from the Windows v2.2.0 at that time.

Please head over to http://seventeenorbust.com/download/ and get the new client. We thank KenG6 for finding this bug.

--
Mike Garrison

:cheers:

PY 222
12-28-2004, 05:07 PM
Has anyone upgraded their clients to the latest one? If so, I might need some pointers on how to upgrade my client that is currently running as a service.

em99010pepe
12-28-2004, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by PY 222
Has anyone upgraded their clients to the latest one? If so, I might need some pointers on how to upgrade my client that is currently running as a service.

Today I upgraded two computers but only one runs SOB as a service. First I uninstalled the service with the command "sobsvc -u"; then I installed the new client under the same folder using the commands "sobsvc -i" and "sobsvc -p:2".

Hope that helps,

Carlos

IronBits
12-28-2004, 06:00 PM
Just do the upgrade, overwrite what's there...

WATCH OUT, it over writes your config.txt file or whatever it is ...

Other than that, nothing to it :cheers: